Super Contributor

Christy Brinkley hair pieces

[ Edited ]

I just ordered and received the christy brinkly 12 inch extensions and the clip in ponytail. My expectations were not high, but I figured what the heck. HSN offers extended pay with their card.I could always sent them back... Well let me tell you , the pieces are PHENOMENAL! I ordered the dark blonde which matches my hair exactly! I’ve been playing with them cause I want to bring them away on vacation so I don’t have to worry about my hair after the beach or pool.Im just sorry I didn’t get the 16 inch extensions instead! I got a great price at 34 dollars for the pony and 39 for the extension. Now they are 49 dollars... but I did have 5 dollars KASH and got the messy bun for 8 dollars! I’ve never used hair pieces before but these are so easy!,   Cheaper than a trip to the salon! If anyone is on the fence with these r wants to check them out , don’t hesitate!  I think you would be pleasantly surprised. My hubby could not tell these were falsies! LOL

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Christy Brinkley hair pieces

[ Edited ]

Saw Christie take it off and put it back on while on air and you could not see a piece in her hair.

That being said her hair was so thick and full from the top to the bottom it brought tears to my eyes.

Don't think I have them much hair to blend it all in.  She is absolutely stunning. 

Trusted Contributor

I bought the messy bun last year and I love it.  So easy to use and the medium brown matches my hair exactly. 

Trusted Contributor

@Mermaid22wrote:

I just ordered and received the christy brinkly 12 inch extensions and the clip in ponytail. My expectations were not high, but I figured what the heck. HSN offers extended pay with their card.I could always sent them back... Well let me tell you , the pieces are PHENOMENAL! I ordered the dark blonde which matches my hair exactly! I’ve been playing with them cause I want to bring them away on vacation so I don’t have to worry about my hair after the beach or pool.Im just sorry I didn’t get the 16 inch extensions instead! I got a great price at 34 dollars for the pony and 39 for the extension. Now they are 49 dollars... but I did have 5 dollars KASH and got the messy bun for 8 dollars! I’ve never used hair pieces before but these are so easy!,   Cheaper than a trip to the salon! If anyone is on the fence with these r wants to check them out , don’t hesitate!  I think you would be pleasantly surprised. My hubby could not tell these were falsies! LOL

So glad you love them. I tried them when she first had them on but I  could not get them to clip in my hair where they would stay.  Was so bummed  but they did look nice.

Honored Contributor

My experience was different.  I ordered the braids and the twisty messy looking hair piece.  I ordered the grey as it looked sliver  ... but it was way too much of a black grey and not a silver white  like I have... so the match was bad.  Also the "hair" felt stiff and course... not like real hair. 

Valued Contributor

I just ordered the messy bun.  Thanks for starting this thread, so excited for the package to arrive.

Super Contributor

@SeaMaidenwrote:

My experience was different.  I ordered the braids and the twisty messy looking hair piece.  I ordered the grey as it looked sliver  ... but it was way too much of a black grey and not a silver white  like I have... so the match was bad.  Also the "hair" felt stiff and course... not like real hair. 

Sorry it didn’t work for you. I lucked out, with the hair match.   They should le really do more shades of grey like they do for the blonde... If it didn’t match my hair I would have sent the pieces back. I wore the extensions to Ash Wednesday mass today , felt confident that it looked real. I have a friend who has a human hair pony, she paid a fortune. . I think these pieces look as good. That being said they don’t feel exactly like human hair.  But no one is running their fingers through my hair lately 😂. 

Super Contributor

@isaboowrote:

@Mermaid22wrote:

So glad you love them. I tried them when she first had them on but I  could not get them to clip in my hair where they would stay.  Was so bummed  but they did look nice.

The video says to slightly tease the hair for it to stay secure. My hair is rather course so I don’t have a problem. The messy bun and pony would probably work better.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the rec- I'll check them out. The messy bun sounds good! I used to wear a few  Toni pieces years back during warmer weather and really liked them. A good hair match - plus a good match to my texture too!

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks for posting. For a lark, I ordered the bangs in light blonde. No clue if the color or style will work for my thin, short cut, but I sure need the fullness where my side part is receding. Ugh. And, then I spied the pretty rose shadow palette and bought that, too. Seeing that it was made in Italy and not China sealed that decision. Any shadows not brown or warm toned get me every time.

Christie Brinkley  Day to Night  Eyeshadow Palette - Cool Rose Nudes