Esteemed Contributor

Re: Christie Brinkley 61!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow!!!!!

On 3/5/2015 ellaphant said:
On 3/5/2015 BeckiWV said:

She is stunning and she seems like a nice person too. She has not always been lucky in love but sure seems to be lucky elsewhere.

Sigh...I'm going to be 60 in a few weeks and don't look half as nice as she does at 61. Oh well, I never had her natural material to work with either. Smiley Happy

I would actually buy this and give it a try but I am using up some Skinn, as well as purchasing some Isomers last week and Perricone this week, so just NO can do. I am really enjoying watching her though. She is just lovely.

However, I will keep an eye on the reviews. If people like it, I may give it a whirl down the road when I run low on what I have, but right now I just cannot justify it.

Her products, Isomers and Perricone will NOT give you results they claim. Sorry! When will women learn no topicals can FIRM skin or REMOVE wrinkles, etc. Christie Brinkley had plastic surgery, so did I! It's not a mystery!

No need to apologize. I never thought any such thing.

I have used items from Isomers and Perricone for a long time now, along with retin-a and daily sunscreen, and I like the results for my skin. It looks more clear, hydrated and luminous.

Most presentations I see the vendor will say that the product will "diminish the appearance of lines and wrinkles" or "temporarily firm" the skin, which is a big difference from saying wrinkles would be "removed." I wouldn't believe that.

I know Christie Brinkley has had work. They all do it in Hollywood sooner or later.

I don't think anyone these days really thinks they do not. Certainly most people on this beauty board would know that.

Isomer, Perricone, Skinn, et al, do not make me look like I had a facelift and I don't expect that. That's why I had an eyelift ten years ago and have also had some injectables.

I watched her presentation just because I like her and I am always interested in new skincare lines, that's all, but thank you anyway. Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

On 3/5/2015 Jackielee said:

Christie does look fabulous but I think that she's used the same fantastic plastic surgeon that Raquel Welch used. They both look fantastic. Like Jane Fonda said, " I look this good because I can afford good work." However, while Christie looks great, her presentation last night left much to be desired. Not real good at it.

She is very beautiful and she belongs to the "Fix Face Club"

that these other beautiful women belong to...

Valued Contributor

The cream formulas do contain Neodermyl (Glycerin, Water, Methylglucoside Phosphate, Copper Lysinate/Prolinate), the latest buzz ingredient for formulators. However, there's no way to know if it's a label claim or in at least the minimum 0.1% amount recommended by Induchem.

Super Contributor

She's 61 and looks amazing! Common sense will tell you that her looks are not from a brand new skin care line she just started using! It takes years of excellent care plus good genes to age that well.

Respected Contributor

Yes, she's gorgeous at any age, & I'm sure she's taken very good care of herself over the years since her appearance is her money-maker. Having very good genes helps a lot, too.

Respected Contributor

Yes, Christie looks fabulous. I still don't understand why these "celebrities" feel the need to create a line of products. How much money do you possibly need? Lol. She seemed very uncomfortable with presenting her skincare though she does seem nice.
Frequent Contributor

On 3/5/2015 kleo said:

She's 61 and looks amazing! Common sense will tell you that her looks are not from a brand new skin care line she just started using! It takes years of excellent care plus good genes to age that well.

This. She's looked fantastic for years before she ""developed"" this skincare line. No doubt she's has many procedures with a good doctor. Her surgery overhaul was widely reported around the same time her daughter had work done a few years back. It's her right to have any procedures she chooses but I think it's disingenuous to suggest skincare and a healthy diet is responsible for how great she looks.

Respected Contributor

On 3/5/2015 suzyQ3 said:

I watched a few minutes. I didn't get a strong sincere or real feeling from her. It felt very manufactured to me. She seemed awkward and sort of odd in her phrasing. I felt as if it were the equivalent of a glossy photo shoot for a magazine with a couple quotes like ("Oh, I love the environment...I love the arts").

Exactly! Cracked me up last night when she spoke about a visit to Russia 31 years ago. She stated the Russians were shocked she was, gasp, 30 at the time. Then she picks up a jar of her new cream as if it had a bearing on it. She did state this particular cream was not available then but good diet, exercise and previous skincare did the trick.
Super Contributor

I WANT what SHE is HAVING!!!!!!

Respected Contributor

Christie has good facial structure; was noticing her cheekbones and full cheeks which says youthful. Smiling (and good teeth) do make a lot of difference in anyone's look, people are drawn to you even if we don't look like Christie.