Respected Contributor

Re: Christie Brinkley 61!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow!!!!!

she is very fair, blonde/blue and tanned a lot by her own admission. she said she went to lots of beaches by the equator. she must have had a series of laser skin treatments because exfoliating daily is a nice idea (what she is pushing there with her men shaving and looking younger gimmick) but you don't get a smooth surface like that unless you are pulled tight and lasered. she looks like she has had a brow lift, eye lift and a lower face lift. she has great bone structure and is very toned Gravity is not cured by creams included the boobage.

Trusted Contributor

On 3/5/2015 lacey1 said:

Always check a woman's hands, they always tell your age-especially if you're thin.

She was on Dr. Oz the other day. I noticed she has veiny hands like myself. She had on long sleeves that came down to about halfway across her hands, covering part of that up. I use that trick myself, actually.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Super Contributor

Christie does look fabulous but I think that she's used the same fantastic plastic surgeon that Raquel Welch used. They both look fantastic. Like Jane Fonda said, " I look this good because I can afford good work." However, while Christie looks great, her presentation last night left much to be desired. Not real good at it.

Trusted Contributor

On 3/5/2015 colliegirls said:

No one looks like that in their 60's without a lot of plastic surgery. Her surgeon is obviously excellent, he knows just what to do and how much to do so she doesn't look distorted.

There are plenty who do not look like that WITH plastic surgery, so that is clearly not the only reason. Clearly whatever she is doing is working. She is gorgeous and very youthful. One of the very very few celebs who truly looks 10+ years younger than her age. I can't imagine any in Hollywood are using anyone other than excellent surgeons but not everyone looks that great.

Super Contributor

On 3/5/2015 ellaphant said:
On 3/5/2015 winamac1 said:
On 3/5/2015 missbonbon said:

She looks stunning and is a natural beauty. I remember her being mindful of what she eats and try to eat healthily

I definitely think her diet and eating lots of natural antioxidants play a key role.

Dream on if you think diet has anything to do with what her face looks like. That is Plastic Surgery. Get real!

Yup.

Genetically gifted.

Plastic surgery.

Extensions.

Access to the best skin/doctors/stylists/hair people.

There are many, many skin care vendors on the Q, hundreds on the outside market and thousands in the world that do about the same thing: exfoliate, moisturize and mask fine lines. NOTHING is going to give you the genetic structure of her face. If it makes you feel good to buy her products because you like the way she looks, then go for it. I see ordinary, everyday women in real life who have great skin, and some who do not. Alot of that is genetics as well. I'm not saying that practicing a healthy lifestyle doesn't contibute to looking healthy and refreshed; just have a realistic expectation about any particular line.

Christie, like other models, has decided to capitalize on her appearance, and there is nothing inherently wrong with this. But there is nothing special about it either.

Trusted Contributor

Genetics and a really good surgeon.

I highly doubt that her new skincare line is going to make anyone look ""young"". But there ae lots of women who are gullible and will buy it.

Esteemed Contributor

Whatever procedures she might have had- you still need good skincare to maintain it.

For those who said it was the lighting, etc- she looks even more youthful in person. I saw her pretty close up last summer at a Billy Joel concert. Until Billy pointed her out (& then started singing Uptown Girl!) I kept thinking 'that girl looks like a young Christie Brinkley!'

Honored Contributor

I watched a few minutes. I didn't get a strong sincere or real feeling from her. It felt very manufactured to me. She seemed awkward and sort of odd in her phrasing. I felt as if it were the equivalent of a glossy photo shoot for a magazine with a couple quotes like ("Oh, I love the environment...I love the arts").

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Regular Contributor

I have always like christie, having grown up during the same era. She has admitted having plastic surgery and so has her daughter by billy joel. She can afford the best of everything.
Super Contributor

I agree with other posters about it not being her skincare! She can't even pronounce the ingredients much less tell us what they are! She does look amazing but it has a lot to do with other factors than it does with her skincare. I'm sure she has spent many, many hours in the spa getting facials and other skin enhancing, age delaying procedures. I would much rather buy from someone with the expertise, ie Elysee but each face reacts differently to different products.