Super Contributor

Re: Christie Brinkley 61!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow!!!!!

It was a strange presentation....she has a couple ingredients that have shown to be collagen boosting properties, Methylglucoside Phosphate and Copper Lysinate/Prolinate. (Neodermyl)

But she came off so air-headed (sorry Christie) She could have taken the time to highlight key ingredients, instead of changing outfits like she was on a fashion shoot and gasping over the before and afters (which weren't great) . Even the repetitive Doris Day MD segments shed no light on the actual contents of her creams. So if they can't articulate what is in them how good could they possible be?

Honored Contributor

On 3/6/2015 Snow Owl said:

Of course she's been having work done for years. Her plastic surgeon went knife happy on the lids, though. They're lifted way too far up.

Before (taken in July 2008, age 54) and after surgery;

Definitely a difference. Don't think her TS sold too well.

Respected Contributor

I don't believe for a minute that she looks that way because of the three jars of cream she was selling for $69 yesterday. I believe she's had Botox, fillers, a face/eye/neck lift, and maybe even facial resurfacing. Don't get me wrong, she's gorgeous, and I would do the same if I were her. However, as I said, she doesn't look that young because of good skin care alone. She also might be shot with a special lens and lighting.

P.S.: Don't give me the malarkey about "good genes." No one's genes are that good.

Honored Contributor

On 3/5/2015 missbonbon said:
On 3/5/2015 ellaphant said:
On 3/5/2015 winamac1 said:
On 3/5/2015 missbonbon said:

She looks stunning and is a natural beauty. I remember her being mindful of what she eats and try to eat healthily

I definitely think her diet and eating lots of natural antioxidants play a key role.

Dream on if you think diet has anything to do with what her face looks like. That is Plastic Surgery. Get real!

Her diet does play a role in what her body looks like... so Shut the Front Door already.

exactly! Ms. Ellephant obviously did NOT read my first post stating she had a skillful surgeon as well.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

On 3/5/2015 winamac1 said:
On 3/5/2015 TY said: Christie looks good but she's obviously had plastic surgery including her eyes done. I think she's also had a lower facelift. She was a Californian blonde who tanned a lot when she was younger as well. The pix on HSN's home page is so photoshopped as well. I also watched the online video for the showstopper and they never did zoom in on her face and neck or hands so come on! All the jar packaging for this line of skin care is a turnoff (as it is for all skin care lines). It's also surprising how awkward Christie is on TV -- looking at the wrong camera.

I think she's definitely had her eyes done and a facelift. She's had a very skillful surgeon.

The jars and packaging are supposed to be "eco friendly".

I think she did an ok job presenting her TS. Even though she's a model and has done a few infomercials, I think she was nervous doing her first T.S. and not having a script in front of her. Jen Stallone was FAR worse than Christie was presenting SSC early on.

I think genetics and skillful surgeons are the reasons for Christie's beauty. She's taken care of herself and it shows. I am not buying her T.S. as I have too much skincare, but it looks like a nice line.

Amy M. as usually said a few things incorrectly. She said one comment about it being nonvegan or something like that which CLEARLY was untrue.{#emotions_dlg.scared}

Ellephant! See above!!!!

Occasional Contributor

I must be one of the few that doesn't think she looks that great. She looks artificial, and her face is so filled out that she is getting that "Mae West" look: eyes lifted to high and face too full and immobile. I am not bashing her because she has had work done - most celebrities do. I just don't think she looks natural anymore. I honestly think she would have looked better if she let herself age a bit more naturally. She was always pretty, and I'm sure she would have remained so at 61 without all the fillers and lifts. She now looks like her wax figure in Madame Trousseau's.

Honored Contributor

On 3/6/2015 DCWildcat said:

I must be one of the few that doesn't think she looks that great. She looks artificial, and her face is so filled out that she is getting that "Mae West" look: eyes lifted to high and face too full and immobile. I am not bashing her because she has had work done - most celebrities do. I just don't think she looks natural anymore. I honestly think she would have looked better if she let herself age a bit more naturally. She was always pretty, and I'm sure she would have remained so at 61 without all the fillers and lifts. She now looks like her wax figure in Madame Trousseau's.

I don't think you bashed at all. I actually do think she looks a bit fake. She does look a bit puffy too due to fillers. However, she looks better than some women at age 61 due to taking care of herself.

Esteemed Contributor

She has a good, fit, exercised body that goes with her younger looking face. I think still she's made a good trade off, and she'll look great for her next decade. Plus she will always look younger than her true age.

Frequent Contributor

To me, her nervousness came off as genuine excitement and enthusiasm for her products. I think it made her seem more real and easy to relate to... I'd have been nervous if I was on TV promoting my new skincare line too.

I am in the market for a new exfoliater (the one i've been using is too harsh) and a new SPF day cream, so for $70, I am willing to give them a try! If I don't like them and/or don't see results, I simply won't repurchase. In my opinion, the price was right, and I did like her enthusiasm, so I'll give them a whirl!

Super Contributor

On 3/6/2015 Mistic said:
On 3/6/2015 Snow Owl said:
On 3/6/2015 Mistic said:

Just curious. I'm looking at the above photos. I can clearly see lines under her eyes, and also crows feet in the photo on the right. This is the one after (said) work done? I watched her several times yesterday, and saw none of those. Someone said that the celeb's are filtered on camera when they are promoting their products. How does that work? Thanks.

The filter is a lens that blurs. It's kind of like being air brushed in photos.

OK ~ Thank you. I was going to be the guinea pig for the group, and try this stuff out. By the end of the day I cancelled. I watched several times, and almost nothing was said, or explained about the ingredients. Never seen a beauty presentation where the ingredients were barely talked about. Most of the chatter was pertaining to her modeling, photo shoots, magazine covers.......I could get it with only $14 to get it home, and even would get spendable cash credit for a return, but it just didn't seem worth the effort. She stood there and looked pretty, but she is no salesman, and the host was not much help either. Strange.

It was a strange presentation. I watched for about 30 minutes and just wasn't interested. They said she spent years working on it yet she couldn't give any information about the ingredients. She is very pretty, but I think she looked so much better before surgery. A little nip and tuck isn't so bad. But when you start looking like a wax figure of yourself, it doesn't look good at all.