Honored Contributor

Re: Christian Louboutin Lipstick - Oh, my!

These products are made specifically for people who ........  as my mother would say ........ have more money than brains!      

Honored Contributor

The kitty's expression says it all.  NO. NO.  Cat TongueCat Tongue

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

It is really too bad people can't comment on the product and what they would do without putting others down that may decide they want to buy it.  If someone really loves it for whatever reason and has the means to buy it, why can't they do so and not be called stupid, foolish, etc? Why do we need to go there?

Anyway, I think it is pretty but would never, ever buy a lipstick for that much (or the nail lacquer). I really don't mind paying more for certain things like superior quality, made in the USA, cruelty free, etc but no lipstick, no matter how pretty it is packaged, is worth that much to me.

Trusted Contributor

@catlover wrote:

Whoaaaa Face

That shade of pink is lovely on you, but you got a little bit on your nose.

Paws and enjoy life.
Valued Contributor

These two CL products are made for those not of this world or economic class.  But I wonder, what would be a "clearance" price that would move products like this?  Hmmmmm?????

Respected Contributor

A blurb in Allure states, "Inspired by Egyptian Queen Nefertiti, each tube is sculpted like a vial, capped with a crown, and designed to dangle from the neck like a treasured antiquity."

Well, in that case, I guess I should collect all 38 shades!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Point and laugh at me all you want... I purchased one and LOVE it. The Velvet Matte is the only matte I am now able to wear; I don't like the wet look, I don't like the shiny look. I DO like the look of a deep, rich color that is matte but not so dry your lips look dehydrated or they start to peel. The color lasts 4-5 hours before needing a touch-up and there is a cushion-texture to the matte...almost like a balm affect.

The case is heavy (similiar to Guerlains) and the scent is....not really there (unlike Lancome, EL and many others). Excellent selection of shades. Will I buy more? As I use up my other shades, yes.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

These products are made specifically for people who ........  as my mother would say ........ have more money than brains!      

you can spend your money on whatever you want

Trusted Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

Point and laugh at me all you want... I purchased one and LOVE it. The Velvet Matte is the only matte I am now able to wear; I don't like the wet look, I don't like the shiny look. I DO like the look of a deep, rich color that is matte but not do sry your lips look dehydrated or they start to peel. The color lasts 4-5 hours befor needing a touch-up and there is a cushion-texture to the matte...almost like a balm affect.

The case is heavy (similiar to Guerlains) and the scent is....not really there (unlike Lancome, EL and many others). Excellent selection of shades. Will I buy more? As I use up my other shades, yes.

Hope you enjoy it!  Beautiful item and yes, while it is a luxury and not one that most can afford or perhaps choose not to, it is a personal decision.  If you love it and can afford it, go for it!  There is nothing wrong with that!  Why some people feel the need to put down others for the way they spend their money is beyond me.

Trusted Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

How rude!