Frequent Contributor

Does anyone remember this cologne?  One of my all-time favs!

Honored Contributor

@seaglass1 wrote:

Does anyone remember this cologne?  One of my all-time favs!

@seaglass1 

Yes!  This was my favorite and I wore it all the time!  Do they even still make it????  I doubt if I would even like it now, but at the time, I loved it and it was my signature scent! It was rather heady!  Then, there was another version of it that came out, something Tendre Poison, or something like that?? 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

@seaglass1 

Aaaaaahhhhhh yes - all too well.

And I loved it.

A mysterious deep purple, almost midnite purple smell is conjured up, like the color of the bottle itself.

- I loved the stuff, and to this day still love it.

It's not a summer scent - too deep and pointedly sexy for the lightness of summer - definitely a warm the cold night of winter scent!

Honored Contributor

Re: Christian Dior POISON

[ Edited ]

Oh yes!

And  I also loved  Insolence Perfume

By Guerlain FOR WOMEN
Respected Contributor

Hypnotic Poison is one of my favorite scents. It is sweeter. I have it on today.

Frequent Contributor

@Dusty1 @AngelPuppy1  They don't still make it that I know of.  Is Hypnotic Poison  by Dior?

Valued Contributor

True story: When Poison had just come out, the perfume and cologne forms were available in the US, but not the body stuff - powders, lotions and so on.

One guy where I worked, who knew my boss was going to Europe, asked her to pick up all the bath and body stuff as a special treat for his wife's birthday, which she was happy to do.

When she returned, she excitedly left a message with his assistant, saying, "Please tell Mike that Susan is back from Europe with the Poison for his wife!"  She only realized how it sounded when the assistant stared open-mouthed at her!

"Behold! We are not bound forever to the circles of the world, and beyond them is more than memory." J.R.R. Tolkien
Trusted Contributor

Re: Christian Dior POISON

[ Edited ]

Yes, I still have my original bottle of Tendre Poison!

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Honored Contributor

Yes! This was my go to in high school. Looking back, it was probably a bit too mature of a fragrance for a 17 year old. Do they still make this?

Respected Contributor

I have Dior Hypnotic Poison & Pure Poison which are among my favorites. I recently ordered from Frangrance Net Pure Poison because I was running low & Querlain Insolence edt which is my favorite Violet scent. Yes, I remember Poison but it wasn't a fav. of mine but of many for sure.