Esteemed Contributor

Re: Chris from "Steven and Chris" has died! :(

I read that Chris might have been sleepwalking.  They had a penthouse apartment.  They both went to bed that night and Sabados woke up to police knocking at the door. 

What a sad story.  He will be missed.

Esteemed Contributor

@Snoopp wrote:

I read that Chris might have been sleepwalking.  They had a penthouse apartment.  They both went to bed that night and Sabados woke up to police knocking at the door. 

What a sad story.  He will be missed.

Yes, what a sad story.

There's a new article in the Toronto Star:

http://t.thestar.com/#/article/news/gta/2015/08/06/chris-hyndmans-mother-believes-he-died-sleepwalki...

Trusted Contributor

So sad! He was so young and vibrant! I believe the two were married. How sad for his partner......Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

LWN (Live Well Network) is still running the re-runs, as usual, several times a day and night, ( If you can find that channel.) So far, that is.  I hope they continue airing the re-runs, as those are all that we've been able to see on our TV service. (No 'live' shows here).  Just watching their shows, it's as though Chris is still with us.  Such a dynamic person.  I'm wondering if his mom is still with us.  I believe that Chris was her only child.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

As far as childhood sleepwalking, I've encouraged several moms to make sure a sliding lock is placed very high on the front and back doors to prevent kids from sleepwalking outside.  Very dangerous.  Also, if there are stairs from bedroom to first floor, something should be done to prevent fatal falls.   Now I'm thinking that very high bars on balconies wouldn't be a bad idea.   Or, at the very least, those motion alarms placed on sliding and other doors (during the night).

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Trusted Contributor

Oh no. How heartbreaking. Enjoyed watching them both so much. The channel may have taken them off or moved them to the middle of the night because I had not been able to find them. I missed them. They were a hoot and both very kind. I love that they both seemed like very caring people.

Prayers go out to Steve and the rest of their family and all who loved him. So sad.

Esteemed Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

LWN (Live Well Network) is still running the re-runs, as usual, several times a day and night, ( If you can find that channel.) So far, that is.  I hope they continue airing the re-runs, as those are all that we've been able to see on our TV service. (No 'live' shows here).  Just watching their shows, it's as though Chris is still with us.  Such a dynamic person.  I'm wondering if his mom is still with us.  I believe that Chris was her only child.

His mom is alive.  She thought that he might have been sleepwalking.  He had a history of that.

Trusted Contributor

Oh my goodness, I hadn't heard about a sleepwalking possibility.  That would be incredibly tragic.  I don't think I ever watched a single episode of that show without Chris making me laugh at some point.  I left a condolence on their Facebook page.    

Honored Contributor

LWN (Live Well Network) is still airing re-runs.  It's as though Chris is still with us.  'Bigger than life' personality, for sure.  My gosh, I'm still in shock.  Keep us posted with any updates re: what happened, etc.