Honored Contributor

Re: Choose between It Cosmetic Bye bye Under Eye,CC Cream, or Foundation????

On 2/2/2014 Poodlepet said:

....I think it's the brush. Bye-Bye goes on very well and very evenly if you use that brush that she gives you: don't underestimate it. It is very concentrated-and yes, I would use a primer-either Jamie's or Mally-before application. It does stay-my biggest complaint is the shade. It just seems to be on the really lighter side and even though I've used medium, that seems to be too light too....but I can use it-it's just not perfect.

Poodlepet

Poodlepet, I have the same complaint. I have never before tried a "medium" that was so light. I still will use it, but I wish it were a tad deeper. I wonder whether I would have been better off with the "tan," but that just sounded sort of scary for my skin tone.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Regular Contributor

On 2/2/2014 Poodlepet said:

....I think it's the brush. Bye-Bye goes on very well and very evenly if you use that brush that she gives you: don't underestimate it. It is very concentrated-and yes, I would use a primer-either Jamie's or Mally-before application. It does stay-my biggest complaint is the shade. It just seems to be on the really lighter side and even though I've used medium, that seems to be too light too....but I can use it-it's just not perfect.

Poodlepet

I haven't had a problem with the shade. Many ladies here buy two shades and mix them to get what they want to achieve with their concealers and foundations. With this product, it would be in most people's budget, as the price its right. When she has a sale on her site, it would really be reasonable.

Frequent Contributor

mrsdmk...welcome to the BB board! I am a big fan of the It Cosmetics and have tried many of their products. I really like the BBUE. I have used it as my concealer with the intention of putting foundation over it but have on several occasions forgot that I hadn't put my foundation on. The coverage was that good. I have sun spots, age spots, redness around nose and some shadowing under my eye where I have lost collagen. I would never...would never recommend anyone using BBUE without a proper application brush. The texture of this cream is rich and you don't need a lot. I use the back of my hand and the double ended brush that came with a kit. The small brush end is short & dense. The texture is why I love it so much and it is easy to manipulate...with the brush. I don't think you can get the same effect moving it with your finger tips. I have used both the It CC cream and their It-O2 again with brushes. I also use the back on my hand and with one pump can get a dewy glow that I am pleased with that is lasting. Top it off with the It Cosmetics Finishing powder. Then you have a great canvas to start playing with your color. I hope you have luck finding something that works for you!

Contributor

Hello! I first received the Bye Bye in the TSV in December. I love love love it! I ordered the supersize last week when it was on special. I would like to try the brush but that supersize didn't offer it. I am also trying the CC cream and the celebration foundation. I don't know that these will all be necessary together, or use different items/combinations on different days depending on my makeup needs (I tend to wear nothing but a little LG B&B on the weekends). I have tried countless concealers and this is the best thing that has happened to my eyes in quite a while!

Regular Contributor

Thank you Lovely2!!! Just a smidge of the Bye Bye warmed up on my ring fingers covers my circles & more! Also pulled out my O2 foundation by IT & that is nice on my wintery dry skin! I mix my BB Pores with BE MV & that finishes it. I have been happy with my makeup & it seems to last a long time. Happy dance!!!
Super Contributor

On 2/1/2014 Lovely2 said:

Luvmycats....I need full coverage due to issues on my face. Although I have tried much more expensive concealers and foundations, I keep coming back to Bye Bye because of the natural look I get and the full coverage. It does take a little practice to get it right.

I do the same thing as Lovely2 does. I've used It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye as my foundation for a long time. It gives me the full coverage that I need. I apply mine with Mally's sponge A324640 and I get the best coverage with it. I've also used the Beauty Blender to apply it. I am very happy with the way it lasts all day until I take it off, and like you I also use the IT Bye Bye Pores Finishing power to set it.

Regular Contributor

I am a fan of IT cosmetics, I own MANY of her products, but the jury is still out for me about the CC cream. My skin is dry also, I am cool toned with light/med skin tone. I went to Ulta several times trying to make a similar decision, between her CC, O2 foundation, and celebration foundation. I sampled the medium CC on my hand, thought it looked fine, but once outside in natural sunlight I was shocked to see it looked orange.

I went in to speak with the IT representative and he suggested the CC vs the O2, in the light shade. I actually have decided that it is too light, and a bit dry. It does cover well (including redness) LOVE the high SPF, but I am going to have to start mixing it with either my other foundation, (loreal lumi) or the bye bye redness, or both. Later I may consider buying the CC in the med. shade and mixing.

To be fair, I have found the majority of prestige foundations to be a bit too dry for me, and have not had great success with BB or CC creams. I DO like the product, just hate that I am going to need to tweak around to get the right color, and more moisture, however this may not be an issue once winter has passed.

I just bought a new CC brush and I applied the product using this. I did not really warm it up though, I will try this next time too! Thanks for that tip guys!

Super Contributor

I have the CC cream, celebration foundation and concealer. I like the cc cream as a foundation put on lightly. This is a bit off topic but if you have things to cover up these tips work well. I use eyelid primer on top of dark spots tap it in and then put on concealer. Next I use a powder puff and tap gently, then my finishing powder. For under eye dark circles I use Maybelline Dark Spot Age Rewind concealer. I put it on and then tap with the powder puff. I know that you can eventually go through quite a few powder puffs but 20 years ago I bought a ton of them and just recently found them. I was wondering what to do with them and then tried this method. Also Benefit Hello Flawless powder is amazing for covering imperfections and I like it better than Celebration Foundation. Laura Mercier mineral powder compact also has the same quality of powder as Benefit. They are finely milled with a creamy feel. Whereas I find Celebration to be more drying.

Honored Contributor

You are expecting an awful lot out of one single product.