Occasional Contributor

Choice of "suntan" preference once spring arrives ??

I'm on the fence about tanning products. Usually I will use the tan towels because they are so easy and seldom streak. I bought something last year from the Q but I hate putting a lotion type all over me and especially where I can't see - and then the streaks. I had a fairly good experience with Faux Tan and mixed it with a little lotion. Blended evenly with too much of an ordeal. The spray tans from what I hear are expensive and don't last long. I'm in a quandry. What are yall gonna do? It's not too early to think about it Smiley Happy If you dream it....................

Honored Contributor

Re: Choice of ""suntan"" preference once spring arrives ??

I have had an issue finding a good color because I'm extremely light olive complected, deep green eyes, and ashe blonde. Quite a few products turn me orange. San Tropez worked well with me and doesn't smell to high heavens! I "lotion the rough spots" and use disposable gloves rubbing in circles, not long sweeps. When I taught juniors and seniors they thought it was real.

Honored Contributor

I use Suzanne Organics Healthy Glow all winter long and then the tanning serum in the summer months.

The Healthy Glow just gives me enough color that I'm not too white to wear short sleeves or a lower neckline. There isn't a nasty smell with the healthy glow, but the darker tanning serum does have a scent to it until you shower. It does make you dark. No 'spotting' with either product which along with the horrible smells was always the downfall with other products. I keep well stocked ahead of time with these two products like no other!

Both are believable colors although I am very very fair.

I use them on my face too.

No man made chemical ingredients either, all natural, all organic, which is HUGE for me.

Valued Contributor

I personally prefer lotions, simply because you get a greater pay off with them vs mousses and towelettes.

For brands I love Vita Liberata, but also St Tropez. Those 2 specifically have given me the most natural color but also a natural fade as well.

I do like to spray tan but I will only do Versa Spa tan booths. Mystic Tan is horrendous and often times the tanning salon doesn't take of the booth like they should, thus resulting in drips, uneven color, no color or orange color.{#emotions_dlg.scared}

Honored Contributor

Last year I went totally natural and didn't faux tan. I plan on doing the same this year.

My nieces swear by spray tanning. They say it is the best natural look, but I have no desire to strip down for a stranger and get sprayed.

My legs are very fair, but still look good at 50+. A few people stare and a few even make comments like, "Why don't you get yourself some sun?", but I am getting used to accepting my paleness. Just because most of society thinks a tan is a good healthy look doesn't mean I have to buy into that anymore. I could never get a natural look with any faux tan product no matter what I did or tried anyway. I used Sally Hansen Leg Makeup for a while or a daily bronzer that washed off, but both were messy and just a pain. Now that I am going pale I am saving time and money.