Regular Contributor

I was given a Chi Flat Iron - my dil is a stylist - and I use it on occasion.

I have a natural wave on one side of my head and even when using the flat iron, that wave surfaces during the day!   My hair style is asymetrical, with one side longer than the other. 

Any suggestions on how I can get the straight look?  I don't use any products except WEN CC in my hair.  Maybe that is my problem???

Thank for your suggestions.

Respected Contributor

@Denise in PA I have some wave in my hair, too, but blow drying while running my fingers thru it (no brush) takes care of most of that. I also use Wen, and I use the styling creme after washing, as it is a heat protectant as well as a styling product. That's on soaking wet hair. When I get ready to blow dry, I spray some Tresemme Un-done Sea Salt spray in my hands and run it thru my hair. After blow drying, I brush my hair out, then use a flat iron (I have a Conair Pro...MUCH prefer it to the Chi I used to have). I also use hairspray to hold my style.

This routine keeps the waves from coming back, even in our high humidity. My hair is still nice and smooth the next morning! I have a chin-length bob.

Regular Contributor

Thank you for your input.  I will check out the products, including the Conair Flat Iron.

Honored Contributor

@Denise in PA,  I have seen on QVC  vendors using flat irons and grabbin the hair at the root and running the tool down the hair to the tips and the hair was straightened.  Maybe Customer Service can lead you in the right direction as to what tool would do this.  Good luck.

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

That is a nice brand to get the flat look.  After the hair is dry add a protected like gloss.. WEN has the complete set. Use the setting for your hair type and gently glide for that smooth look.

Regular Contributor

Vermint

I have had success using the method you shared with me!  Thanks so much.

Respected Contributor

@Denise in PA You are so welcome! I'm glad it's working for you.

Honored Contributor

@Denise in PA,  You need to purchase a product that straightens the hair.  They have several at the drugstore or check out ULTA for something.  Try to buy a trial size  to see if you like it.  Aquage and Bumble & Bumble sell trial sizes and I believe Redken may too.    Cat Happy

kindness is strength