Esteemed Contributor

Re: Chaz looks so young with his new look.

Chaz Dean Studio in the heart of Hollywood, CA.

http://talkingmakeup.com/pics/news9/chaz1.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

Honored Contributor

@sonechko wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

The hair in front above Chaz's forehead has a green ting to it. Is that the new "look"? Why would his hair be greenish?  Is that called ash blond?

Many years ago when I was in beauty school, I attempted to frost my mother's hair that was a medium brown color with a little gray in it.  

Her frosted highlights came out greenish.  It looked awful, but I didn't learn how to fix that color yet.  So my poor mother just wore green hair until I figured it out months later.

Chaz needs a toner applied to get rid of the greenish highlights and the other colors in his hair.  I would never allow a customer to walk out of a hair studio with hair with that bad a color job.  

Maybe he has been too busy to get it fixed.  I dunno, it's not good advertising and not done on purpose.  HD TV's show too many things up close.Good and bad.

You could be right @Carmie, after all you studied to be a beautitian. Maybe in his Hollywood Salon they do not know how to do highlights, or maybe he did not have time to fix his "bad color job".  Who knows?

Or, it also could be, these tinted hues in Chaz' hair were done intentionally. We do not know this.

There are REALLY some unconventional color combinations are being used these days, and a lot of different color tones and hues mixed in. Today, color is totally different than it used to be awhile ago.

If for example, you'd take this pink hair model above, in the years you went to the beauty school, I bet, she would be serving an example of a "bad color job"! Woman Happy 

But now, her hair color is quite "hip" and desirable to be gotten by todays standards! Smiley Happy

When I went to beauty school, one of the student there used to have her blonde hair colored pink.  The color was called "pink sand". I remember mixing up and,applying her color for her. It was a lot like the hair color of the model in the picture.  What goes around, comes around.

Esteemed Contributor

Of course, @Carmie - it goes around and comes around! Alwats,

But slightly (or sometimes a lot) modified.

It changes...... Look, the pink color on the model above looks like hot mess, like a bad color job, but Woman Happy - it's not!

When I was 16-17 we did color our hair in all shades of red. All red shades possible, including pink.

But we thrived for a monotone color.  Highlighting was revealed to a general public so much later.... And just take a look at those new color mixes now! Unimaginable combos!

They NEVER were just like this before. And yet we are in different Millennium now, and as everything comes around, yes - it always does! 

But not quite the same, with a different twist, or sometimes - completely avant garde - completely fresh and new!

As a beautitian, Carmie you know - the difference is in little DETAILS!

I've been, observing world around me for a few decades, Carmie. I live in Los Angeles and spend a lot of time in West Hollywood every week.  I can tell for a fact - what I see people wearing now - hair, makeup, clothing, shoes, and attitudes - it is something, I've never seen before!

Even if vintage clothing is a thing to wear in LA, still the way they wear and mix it in, is totally different from the way my girlfriends and I wore it before.

Honored Contributor

@sonechko wrote:

It changes...... Look, the pink color on the model above looks like hot mess, like a bad color job, but Woman Happy - it's not!

When I was 16-17 we did color our hair in all shades of red. All red shades possible, including pink.

But we thrived for a monotone color.  Highlighting was revealed to a general public so much later.... And just take a look at those new color mixes now! Unimaginable combos!

They NEVER were just like this before. And yet we are in different Millennium now, and as everything comes around, yes - it always does! 

But not quite the same, with a different twist, or sometimes - completely avant garde - completely fresh and new!

I've been, observing world around me for a few decades, Carmie. I live in Los Angeles and spend a lot of time in West Hollywood every week.  I can tell for a fact - what I see people wearing now - hair, makeup, clothing, shoes, and attitudes - it is something, I've never seen before!

Even if vintage clothing is a thing to wear in LA, still the way they wear and mix it in, is totally different from the way my girlfriends and I wore it before.

I have to laugh, yes it's a bad color job, even if done on purpose.  It's much more difficult to achieve a consistent color,

just about any color or they way it is applied is ok by me.  Hair color, nail color and clothing is only temporary and fun to experiment with and it's harmless.

It sure keeps up guessing and scratching our heads.

Esteemed Contributor

Did you do these colors in your beauty school? THESE are only a few examples of what they do now, I could post the endless number of pictures with lots of variations..... I see heads just like these - everywhere now. At least here, in LA, where Chaz works and lives, by the way.

Esteemed Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@sonechko wrote:

I have to laugh, yes it's a bad color job, even if done on purpose.  It's much more difficult to achieve a consistent color,

just about any color or they way it is applied is ok by me.  Hair color, nail color and clothing is only temporary and fun to experiment with and it's harmless.

It sure keeps up guessing and scratching our heads.

"I have to laugh, yes it's a bad color job, even if done on purpose.  It's much more difficult to achieve a consistent color"

@Carmie, this is where I'll have to stop because in this paragraph I can see our irreconcilable differences - we are talking in different tongs, if you still insist that achieving a consistent color is so much more important than today's fashion and trends.

I seriously, absolutely sure, you know better than me - you studied, I did not.

You may also imply to know better how to color hair than Chaz does, after all he is only a small fish in a pond of hair business, and did not study in your beauty school, poor guy!

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

The hair in front above Chaz's forehead has a green ting to it. Is that the new "look"? Why would his hair be greenish?  Is that called ash blond?

Many years ago when I was in beauty school, I attempted to frost my mother's hair that was a medium brown color with a little gray in it.  

Her frosted highlights came out greenish.  It looked awful, but I didn't learn how to fix that color yet.  So my poor mother just wore green hair until I figured it out months later.

Chaz needs a toner applied to get rid of the greenish highlights and the other colors in his hair.  I would never allow a customer to walk out of a hair studio with hair with that bad a color job.  

Maybe he has been too busy to get it fixed.  I dunno, it's not good advertising and not done on purpose.  HD TV's show too many things up close.Good and bad.

@Carmie

He has a Facebook page, I'm sure he would value your professional advice.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Yes, Chaz cleans up nicely... that other scrungy dirty look was so  bad.

@SeaMaiden

Scrungy & Dirty?  Why the mean?

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I don't think he looked young at all, I thought he looked like a middle aged man trying too hard to look you and hip.  Men make that tragic mistake too.

@chrystaltree

Why the mean?