Esteemed Contributor

Re: Chaz Deen/ WEN being sued over hair loss.

I would imagine they would have a hard time proving their case.  Perhaps others will step up with the same issues making it a stronger argument.  As for me I have never tried WEN.  Because of the price point I am not going to GO THERE.  I use drug-store-box-store hair products and have been very pleased with the results.  

I did notice some hairloss once and it was attributed to a low thyroid.  Betcha that might be what is going on.  

Regular Contributor

I have not made much of this before, but after using WEN, I did find more than my usual hair in the drain stopper. I stopped quickly and would say halted any serious loss of hair. 

My thyroid checks out normal with testing. I think there is something to the claims and would recommend being aware of the possibility. The results seem to be worth using for some but not me. The story made mainstream news today, not good for the vender. 

Frequent Contributor

@NC Bandwagon wrote:

@noonedelights wrote:

Does anyone know or has anybody read anything saying that the women who had hair loss, once they stop using when did their hair start to grow back?

i'm curious if that's their prof that it was from Wen and not other factors.

Hello, @noonedelights. Smiley Happy

I saw some posts on this board from the people that said WEN didn't work for them, and they posted that after they stopped using it, their hair did start to grow back. The regrow time was different for some people. Some said their hair grew back in three weeks, some said it a took a few months, a few said it took several months.

I did see posts from others that use WEN that it works well for them.

Thanks. @NC Bandwagon
I have used Wen for years and love it.
After seeing some of the photos of women who claim Wen caused hair loss, I was hoping their hair grew back. 

Respected Contributor

I saw this on the news this morning too.  I was not impressed with WEN when I used it, and I definitely noticed my hair falling out.  I stopped using it after a few months, and my hair went back to normal.  Wonder if these women did the same, or did they continue using.  Sad.

Contributor

There's an article pertaining to the suit on Buzzfeeddotcom. It's the second trending article. Check it out and read the comments. 

Esteemed Contributor

Featured on Fox News.  200 complaints and growing.  Wonder if QVC will halt sales and am wondering if they are libel for PUSHING A PRODUCT that is under attack.  They certainly backed down before... not going to mention names or products.  

I haven't tried WEN... too expensive and no reason in my case for buying it.  I have non treated healthy hair with lots of curl and shine thanks to good heredity FOR HAIR.  

Respected Contributor

@bonnielu wrote:

Featured on Fox News.  200 complaints and growing.  Wonder if QVC will halt sales and am wondering if they are libel for PUSHING A PRODUCT that is under attack.  They certainly backed down before... not going to mention names or products.  

I haven't tried WEN... too expensive and no reason in my case for buying it.  I have non treated healthy hair with lots of curl and shine thanks to good heredity FOR HAIR.  

I do not use it ither  but i have tried it on occasion and never had hair loss. i do not use it because its too hard to massage into your  hair and to rinse out but never had hair loss. maybe as a result  of the law suits that  the prices will go down

Esteemed Contributor

It will be interesting how it is handled.  If they should win QVC will have decisions to make.  But these people, seems they might have a medical problem or an alergy and it might not be an issue for others.  

Respected Contributor

What products have been pulled from production and what is your source for that info?
Trusted Contributor

Not every product is for everyone.  I tried Wen a couple years ago.  I have long thick wavy hair.  Thought it would help my hair.  Everyone always raving that it's the best thing since sliced bread.  I bought and used different "flavors" and even tried 613.  More hair in my drain than I can even tell you.  The response I got on here due to my saying I was losing hair was an assault.  I went back to using shampoo and never looked back.  Needless to say, my hair is back to normal and it had nothing to do with a medical condition.  I'm glad this has finally come out.  Great for those who love it, but no need to go on the attack of those of us who actually did lose hair using this product never mind all the people who had to have their drains snaked because of it.