Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Charlotte Tilbury....wow!

I use her Magic Cream daily and I love it.  I also have a number of lipsticks and eye pencils.  I have her night cream but it feels heavy.  It is VERY concentrated.  Yet, I do not break out with my acne prone skin.  I am sixty three and love many of her prodocts.

Respected Contributor

@Sahmlam, I am having a bout with Norovirus-and I didn't even have the fun of getting it from a cruise!

At any rate, I was listless around 3AM , nauseated and wretched...What would make me feel better?  If you guessed shopping for Charlotte Tilbury, you guessed correctly!  I went for the gusto and bought foundation and a Beach Stick combo ( a bronze and the color is Ibiza-I think-I don't remember because it was in the wee hours of the morning:  the blush is the darkest of her offerings and looks beautiful!)

I am loving all the purchases I've made, and the mini brush set is wonderful.  I have a really nice brush collection, but over the years I have found-in general-that the brushes sold with a line can make a difference between wanting to return it vs."How did I ever live without this!  It is in a beautiful case and easily fits into even small purses.

...I have to find my samples of Wonder Glow: I'm wondering how it will look.

Do you use any of her pressed powders?

Hugs,

Poodlepet2

Honored Contributor

@DowntonAbbey  Happy to hear about Tilbury. That may be my "go to" if EL messes up my BB. Nordstrom in my area does not carry it & not fond of purchasing site unseen. Other than on her site, sold anywhere else?

Honored Contributor

@Poodlepet2 We think alike, my friend, lolol! What a great way to make yourself feel better : D

I have NOT used her pressed powder but I do have and lover her Goddess Bronzer. Her powder is on my list as soon as I finish up my Lacome powder. I have 1 of her brushes and am seriously thinking about purchasing hers as I've watched many of her videos and she only uses a few brushes to do all the work... that impresses me and makes me think they are made exactly for the job. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus The only actual stores in the US are Nordstrom and Bloomingdales but her counters are few and far between, though Nordstrom is adding more. You can call their beauty hotline and find which stores have her counter.

Beuatylish carries her line and they will send you samples of anything you ask for; I've done that for all her products before purchasing.

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus, to add to what Sahmiam said about Nordstrom, my Nordstrom does carry it, but only very few of the items.  For the foundation, though, the SA asked what brand and color I normally wear and then called another Nordstrom counter and had her send me samples in the color she thought I would wear in CT.  Very helpful.  Also, if you go to the Nordstrom site online, when you get to Charlotte Tilbury, you can click on "In Your Store" and find out which items exactly your store carries.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@QVCPhobe, thanks for the info on the night cream.  I was curious about that.  And I, too, still have acne-prone skin and have to be careful about what I use.  I ordered from her site online and will get a sample of the night cream, Magic Cream and a few other goodies.

Honored Contributor

The Eye Cream is supposed to be used at night (though she shows it in her videos for use under makeup). It does NOT move/shift into your eyes which is the #1 requirement of any eyecream for night use. If you can get a sample of that, do.

Honored Contributor

@SahmIam  Thank you for the info. I love living in a small town until it comes to things like the biggie department stores. 

Trusted Contributor

If you will call a Nordstroms in your area or close by and talk to the Charlotte line they wil send you samples of what you would like, they can make them up for you. Try that.  Good luck.