Valued Contributor

Re: Charlotte Tilbury makeup - meh

@Tricolor wrote:

@LexaMom wrote:

Her fragrance - "Scent of a Dream" is to-die-for!

Would you be able to describe the scent? I don't like florals. Is it floral?

I'm not that good at describing fragrance, but its not a pure floral - has a lot of other parts combined with florals.  Here is the description on Amazon:  

" A one-of-a-kind floral chypre perfume harmony that ignites a mind-altering fleurotic frequency. Fragrance story: Featuring a blend of joyous top notes including lemon, peach and black pepper; fleurotic heart notes of jasmine, frankincense, tuberose and violet; plus psychoactive pheromone base notes of fire tree, Iso E Super, patchouli and ambroxan, it attracts love, light, power and positivity to the wearer. The fresh, invigorating and confidence-boosting top notes develop over 15 minutes; the intoxicating floral extracts in the heart trigger desire and resonate over five hours; and the pheromone notes in the base are activated by body heat and last up to nine hours."

Valued Contributor

Re: Charlotte Tilbury makeup -

I use the Magic Cream and a little bit goes a long way.  I use it daily and I dont]'t break out and I can develop cystic acne overnight with some products.  I do use her crayon pencils.  Since they are thiick I do not have to worry about them as I do with regular eye liner pencils.  I love her finishing powders and concealer.    I have some of the eyeshadow quads and primarly use the matte colors on them.  Her blushes are great.  I guess one can say that I like her make up.

Honored Contributor

@Swedishmiss wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Swedishmiss. Uh oh. I forgot my Bare Minerals original powder foundation and Bisque.

Thank you for taking the time to list your favorites!!  I am especially interested in the eye makeup you recommend, as well as the blush/bronzers.  Again, thank you! 😊 

@Swedishmiss  Are you asking for shade or brand recommendations for shadows and blush? Covered some of those in my post. Really difficult to choose shades for you without seeing you. Eye color, hair color and fair, medium or dark complexion may help, but definitely not written in stone.

Respected Contributor

I have the CT pressed powder and I love it. I want to try her loose powder too. It blurs the pores I do have and it’s lasting power is good for me. While I feel like most high end lipsticks and lip liners, blush , etc colors can be duped, I feel like when I find a powder like this, then it’s worth it to me. It’s like my ByTerry Hydro powder that I use to set my under eyes. It’s expensive, but it’s amazing for my under eyes. 

Valued Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Swedishmiss wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Swedishmiss. Uh oh. I forgot my Bare Minerals original powder foundation and Bisque.

Thank you for taking the time to list your favorites!!  I am especially interested in the eye makeup you recommend, as well as the blush/bronzers.  Again, thank you! 😊 

@Swedishmiss  Are you asking for shade or brand recommendations for shadows and blush? Covered some of those in my post. Really difficult to choose shades for you without seeing you. Eye color, hair color and fair, medium or dark complexion may help, but definitely not written in stone.

Oh no, Shanus...I am sorry I wasn’t very clear.  I was not asking for specifics shades, I just wanted to thank you for your response to my question and express that I was especially interested in the eye makeup and blush/bronzers you mentioned in your post. I am definitely going to check into colors/shades on my next trip to Nordstroms.  

Esteemed Contributor

@LexaMom wrote:

@Tricolor wrote:

@LexaMom wrote:

Her fragrance - "Scent of a Dream" is to-die-for!

Would you be able to describe the scent? I don't like florals. Is it floral?

I'm not that good at describing fragrance, but its not a pure floral - has a lot of other parts combined with florals.  Here is the description on Amazon:  

" A one-of-a-kind floral chypre perfume harmony that ignites a mind-altering fleurotic frequency. Fragrance story: Featuring a blend of joyous top notes including lemon, peach and black pepper; fleurotic heart notes of jasmine, frankincense, tuberose and violet; plus psychoactive pheromone base notes of fire tree, Iso E Super, patchouli and ambroxan, it attracts love, light, power and positivity to the wearer. The fresh, invigorating and confidence-boosting top notes develop over 15 minutes; the intoxicating floral extracts in the heart trigger desire and resonate over five hours; and the pheromone notes in the base are activated by body heat and last up to nine hours."

My DD gave this to me for Christmas. It is a complex and interesting scent. But somehow, I just do not care for it that much when I wear it. I think I am too used to Tova, which is entirely different.

It does have sillage, nothing overpowering, and somewhat develops over time.