Frequent Contributor

Charlotte Tilbury Shadow Palette Review

I bought the Charlotte Tilbury Rock Chick palate and used it for the first time yesterday.

Without a doubt, this is the best eyeshadow I've ever used!!! I'm an eyeshadow collector and usually use MAC, Urban Decay, Too Faced, Or NYX. These shadows are superior to everything I've ever used before. The powders are creamy and super pigmented with NO fall out. Even the "pop" color, which is much more glittery than the rest, blended perfectly. All of the palettes are "idiot proof" and the colors all coordinate beautifully with each other.

I used Urban Decay eye primer and MAC painterly creme pot before application and I wore it for about 10 hours. It didn't budge.

FYI- I don't usually have any issues with

my shadows creasing or wearing off because my lids aren't oily, so please take this into consideration. The palette is expensive at $52, but definitely worth the investment.

Honored Contributor

Re: Charlotte Tilbury Shadow Palette Review

Thanks for the in-depth review, nytengale1.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

Are you kidding? $ 64.00 for four thin shadows, two of them glitters one a pasty lackluster "neutral" IT's Pretty palette is a much better choice in my opinion. So are the Lorac Pros and Urban Decay and Nars are practically revered by the make up reviewers. Frankly, I'm sick of glitter and metal and won't pay for one more palette where the majority are sparkly. Wish I had someone to whom to donate the Narscisssist , City Chic Celebration palette, Lorac cream and powder palettes along with every silver or gold or unidentified metal shadow stick from the many collections of name brand pencils. But how do you give someone something you won't use yourself?

Did anyone watch the demonstrations with the older blond, thin model (sorry i don't remember her name) ? The application of the metallic pink shadow made her instantly look like the poor old lady with the red circles on her cheeks. I'll bet she washed it off as soon as she was off stage. Some of the best advice I've taken to heart is Christina's admonition to pay attention when the before looks better than the after photo.

I dislike the supposedly dark IT foundation, the one that won the award last year. i watch the darker skinned model pretend to put the product on but she runs the brush over and over the area where he has multiple dark spots and there is never a change in coverage or the density of the spots. Have you noticed when Leah's skin is gray? Usually some product line she has to demonstrate later and obviously inadequate She's beautiful with flawless , colorful skin and it actually hurts my feelings to see her so ashen, almost green. And, Leah is a gorgeous, colorful deep tan naturally.

Next time I contact a supplier via their website I WILL ask why they have nothing that is complementary to the skin of QVCs own hosts! I followed advice given here on beauty banter and contacted It Cosmetics- no response. This even though I made it clear that I respect and like Jamie and (would like to) believe she is involved in formulation of their products.

LANCOME did answer me. They just apologized for not having anything to offer me.

Honored Contributor

Wow.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Regular Contributor

I've been wanting to try Charlotte's line of makeup as I heard it is AMAZING! I heard her miracle cream or magic cream is the stuff of dreams but it is an expensive line. She does all the runway makeup looks and I wondered where you buy her line?

Trusted Contributor

Alas, I cannot allow myself to fall in love with a brand in this price range. I'm sure it is lovely make-up. Sigh...

Frequent Contributor

I just recently received the Charlotte Tilbury eye shadow palette in The Sophisticate. This one has no glitter. I am loving it - very little is needed for application and it goes on smoothly and has lasted all day.

sherrisuzanne - you can buy her products from Nordstrom online or from Charlottetilbury dot com. I have also received her Multi Miracle Glow Cleanser Mask & Balm and am loving it. The fragrance is heavenly, and it removes my makeup gently and easily. Also used it as an overnight mask and in the morning my skin was sooooo soft! Worth every penny IMHO!

Honored Contributor

On 9/22/2014 sherrisuzanne said:

I've been wanting to try Charlotte's line of makeup as I heard it is AMAZING! I heard her miracle cream or magic cream is the stuff of dreams but it is an expensive line. She does all the runway makeup looks and I wondered where you buy her line?

beautylish is carrying her line
Super Contributor

is it only online at Nordstrom?

Super Contributor

I buy something Charlotte every time I visit my home back in Holland and take a day trip over to London - so excited to see her at Nordie's since I work there!