Honored Contributor

Charlotte Tilbury Mystery Box

I got an email this morning, for 48 hours you can buy this mystery box, 4 full size products and 1 travel size one, sells for $129 and is worth $180. That is an awful lot of money to spend on something that is unknown. I like her makeup even though it’s pricey. Just wondering if anyone would buy this?

Trusted Contributor

Re: Charlotte Tilbury Mystery Box

Well I got all excited when I saw the title of your thread because I really like her products.  Don't want to spend that much without knowing what was in there.  Maybe it includes someof her skincare which I really don't need or want.  I have too much skincare now - don't need more.  Actually I have a lot of makeup too but I do like the Charlotte Tilbury products I have tried.

Honored Contributor

@naturalfan wrote:

Well I got all excited when I saw the title of your thread because I really like her products.  Don't want to spend that much without knowing what was in there.  Maybe it includes someof her skincare which I really don't need or want.  I have too much skincare now - don't need more.  Actually I have a lot of makeup too but I do like the Charlotte Tilbury products I have tried.

@naturalfan I’m sorry. I bet she sells out of the boxes.

Honored Contributor

She's had these in the past. It's not much of a savings, to be honest, considering you may wind up with a box of products you can't use. I'd rather put the money into your holiday Advent/Christmas boxes.

These are really for those who use every and anything she makes. 

Honored Contributor

I like her products too, although very pricey, so I buy them very sparingly. I would not buy a mystery box for that much money. I would be afraid I would end up with things I wouldn't or couldn't use......

Occasional Contributor

What products of hers do you love? Instagram keeps trying to pull me in with her ads and the eye shadow looks so dreamy!!!!
Honored Contributor

@because_queso  Here's a run down on her products (I've used almost all of them):

* Eye liners/eye kohls are excellent. Don't pull on the eye in any way. You can't go wrong with any shade.

* Eye shadows are creamy and go on well. The quads have one shadow that is simply glitter and is meant to be applied with your finger and dotted on. The cream shadows are excellent. Be aware that almost all her shadows have a sheen/frost to it. She is not found of mattes.

* Her lipsticks are excellent but all pull warm. Her entire line has a warm undertone so if you have cool undertones (I do), it's rare to find a shade that will work. This includes all her foundations, skin tints, concealers and powders, lip pencils, eye shadows and glosses.

* Her blush and face powders are very finely milled so you run a high risk of them arriving shattered if you mail order them. The perform very well but are expensive for a blush.

If you want info on her skincare, let me know. : )

Valued Contributor

@SahmIam  Thanks for your review. I have been drooling over the eye quads but am very fair. You saved me a return.