Valued Contributor

Charlie Curls no heat hair curler???

Just discovered this item on HSN and on Amazon. It's another way to curl your hair without using any heat. I've tried using hairbands to curl my hair, but always had so much trouble working the back hair into the band. Plus, would end up with a mark on my forehead for quite a while after removing the band. This item looks like it might be easier to use, but rather expensive for what it is. Am curious to know if anyone has ever tried this, and if so, how well it curled your hair. Thanks.

Respected Contributor

Re: Charlie Curls no heat hair curler???

I saw a You Tube video of a young woman who demonstrated this using a head band that would easily be available from a grocery or discount store.  I live in Florida, and I have tried this technique a number of times. I have medium length ( just a smidge above my shoulders). I wouldn't say it's thick, but it's not thin either. I color my hair, but I definitely have grays, and after having board straight hair all of my life (I lived with perms), I finally have body and movement. I am telling you all this so that you get a better idea-but it takes my hair forever to dry-and I have dried blow drying to the point of dampness, then twisting my hair in the headband. Twelve hours later when I "unfurl", it's still damp.....I didn't see the demo, but I have no doubts that a disclaimer was run stating "Individual Results May Vary".

Poodlepet2