Esteemed Contributor

Re: Chapped peeling lips, what will heal?

It sure sounds like you've had a reaction to some ingredient in that toothpaste...hopefully you've stopped using it! I'm not sure I'd go out and buy a new lip balm with another ingredient you've never used on your lips, e.g., argan oil. I'd go to my local Walgreen's and look for a lip treatment that heals as well as lubricates. Someone mentioned Blistex, and that is most likely a product that could heal your lip. I'd stay away from products that have camphor in it.

Valued Contributor

I bought the Blistex today .The medicated lip ointment and wouldn't you know it has camphor in it. I suspect the tooth paste that I stopped using but also bought a new lipstick right about the time this started also. A brand that I've used many times without an issue. This is just so strange

Thanks for all the suggestions!

Honored Contributor

@Nadine 

WEN Bella Spirit Lip Treatment.

65F53265-103C-46B7-B489-E779D3365455.jpeg

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Valued Contributor

I like FRESH. Lip products.  They have always worked for me.

Contributor

Vaseline...it's cheap and it works. It has no irritating ingredients or fragrance, which can make the situation even worse. My lips tend to get dry because I use Retin-A and my Derm recommended plain vaseline. It's all I use.
Honored Contributor

@Nadine wrote:

Hubby bought a new toothpaste and after using about three days my bottom lip started peeling. Stopped using the toothpaste but the chapped peeling continues. I have never had this happen before and not sure what will help. Lip balm makes them feel better but doesn't heal .

@Nadine   I suggest Aquafor ointment in the tube. Use it alone and after several days, use a children's soft toothbrush with it to remove any flakes. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Coconut Oil! This is non toxic and heals up my lips all the time even in the winter. And not costly.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

What was the toothpaste ?!

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Esteemed Contributor

Josie Maran lip balm.  This healed my chapped peeling lips this past winter in a day or so.  I am not a lipstick wearer so this is my go to.

I hope you get relief. Sore lips aren't fun. Woman Sad

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Trusted Contributor

Did the new toothpaste contain peroxide?  I can't use any toothpaste that contains peroixide.  I'm having an allergic reaction right now to Arm & Hammer's Complete Care formula.  I didn't think that formula contained peroxide, at least I didn't see it listed.  But after two days of use, my chin and the corners of my mouth got a horrible rash.  I've have a much worse reaction in the past, so I knew the symptons.  Grrrrrr.  I went on Arm & Hammer's web site, and found out Complete Care is one of their four formulas that do contain peroxide!  The rest of their toothpaste formulas are peroxide-free, including Dental Care which I am now using.   When I first had a reaction to peroxide toothpaste, I had to go to a dermatologist.  My chin and mouth area felt like it was on fire.  The cream the doctor gave me was a prescription cream, and it finally cleared up.  Hope you feel better soon.