Respected Contributor

Re: Changing Hair Stylists Again

@catwhispererwrote:

I wear my hair very short, cut around the ears, spiky on top. I go to a barber shop. $10. He does an excellent job. No high priced salons for me.

Hi @catwhisperer what type of hair do you have to wear it this way?  I have curly on the thin/med at best side that frizzs easily.  I always wonder if my hair type would do this type of chic short style.

Respected Contributor

What gets me the most upset is that it is not evenly cut.  Maybe a hairdresser is not up on styles and misunderstands what you want but even is even.  Men get crappy cuts too.  My husband does not have one person...he goes to great clips and sometimes he comes out with a nice cut and other times it is an uneven mess and he wears it very short.  We don't have many barbers around here.  The one time I went back to the person and said it was uneven they tried to convince me it was good. Also they cop an attitude so I never ask to have it redone.  I just move on to someone else.  The only time I regret not complaining was at Ulta. 

Respected Contributor

@tsavorite wrote:

@catwhispererwrote:

I wear my hair very short, cut around the ears, spiky on top. I go to a barber shop. $10. He does an excellent job. No high priced salons for me.

Hi @catwhisperer what type of hair do you have to wear it this way?  I have curly on the thin/med at best side that frizzs easily.  I always wonder if my hair type would do this type of chic short style.

@tsavorite...my hair is very straight, no curl whatsoever, thin/med.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

Supercuts.  Under $20 including a tip.  Maybe I'm not fussy but I wear my hair short and get a simple cut, no "styling" for me.  In the 20+ years I've been going to Supercuts in NYC, Las Vegas and now in Chicago I have never had what I would consider a "bad" haircut.  Would never spend $50 or more for something that needs to be done every 4-6 weeks.

@kaydee50  Would love to trade my $70 + tip (her price just went up from $65) haircut for $20 Supercuts. It’s difficult to cut curly hair and few are trained. This stylist painlessly transitioned me to my white hair...I owe her ❤️s...don’t fix something that ain’t broke. There aren’t that that many great, clean salons here....saving those in case my girl leaves.