Respected Contributor

Change in color with new ready foundation with numbers instead of names....

I have been wearing the Ready in light and not loving it. A little to light and too yellow. I went to find a better color. I decided on #250 which was supposed to be equivalent to Medium Beige. When I got home I was looking through old foundations and found a compact of the ready foundation in medium beige. I had stopped using it because it was too dark on me and did not even match my skin tone at all. I opened both compacts and color is different. The 250 looks nice and seems to be a good match, definitely lighter than the medium beige. So if you go to buy a new one take your old compact to compare or you may wind up unhappy with the color.

Super Contributor

Re: Change in color with new ready foundation with numbers instead of names....

I wish they would have gotten the conversion from Original to Ready right the first time, then they wouldn't have to change the Ready names to numbers.

Valued Contributor

I wasn't a big fan of the Ready foundation's texture and so I never bought more than the first offering. However, I agree that BE should have had the colors match their Original and Matte foundations or should have had a conversion chart from the beginning. Someone once suggested to me that BE's test market is QVC and I am beginning to believe it. Why don't they test market any new products with women nationwide in either their boutiques or by offering free samples in exchange for feedback? They are doing the same thing with their new Bare Skin Serum Foundation and many have returned it just because the color doesn't match their skin. Ugh!!

Frequent Contributor

I used to use these colors in the powder: medium beige and medium tan in the summer. Sometimes I would combine them when I would pick up a bit of sun.

I ordered the ready on QVC for the first time in medium beige and it made me look like a corpse. Not at ALL a color match! I had to switch to medium tan for my lighter color and tan for the darker. Tan is too dark unless I am REALLY tan, so I combine the two for the most part in the summer.

Bottom line? I am DONE trying new products on QVC. I wait for Sephora or Ulta to get them in and make an educated choice in person. Or I take advantage of FREE SHIPPING to get products home and return to the store if I don't like it. I am DONE getting ripped off of shipping fees when taking risks on new makeup products.

I really agree that BE should have color matched their foundations, or at least had a conversion chart for people before selling new foundation formulas on QVC.