Honored Contributor

Re: Cetaphil Makeup Remover - Tried it and think it's drying my skin out! Anyone else??

I use Dove soap.  Removes all makeup.  Works great for me.  

Use Cereve moisturizing lotion afterwards.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Cetaphil Makeup Remover - Tried it and think it's drying my skin out! Anyone else??

Wouldn't using one of the many silicone primers keep any makeup from migrating into the pores?  Hence easier to get of?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My dermatologist recommended Cetaphil as part of my skin care when I had cystic acne. 

I didn't get overly dry on sensitive areas like under my eyes, though.

Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

Wouldn't using one of the many silicone primers keep any makeup from migrating into the pores?  Hence easier to get of?

@depglass Sometimes, yes, but the spf is under the primer. That's what's clogging the pores if not removed properly. Did I understand what you were asking?

Honored Contributor

@LizzieInSRQ 

I do!  I was just saying that this makeup remover totally stripped my skin and wondered if anyone else had used it and if so, had similar experience with it.  Thank you for your reply!

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@hopi 

I use their general cleanser and find it to be very nice.  This is the first Cetaphil product I have used that I found to be really drying.  Thanks for your reply!

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee 

Is this cleansing oil -- fragrance free!  And Pop Sonic Spade Brush -- is it a manual or electric device?  Thank you for your post!  

Honored Contributor

@teganslaw 

I use the Cetaphil gentle cleanser every day and don't have any problem with it.  It's the Makeup Remover that I have the issue with. 

I have never seen the Almay makeup remover.  Where do you get it??  Thank you for your post!  

Honored Contributor

@Patriot3 

Thank you for your post! 

Honored Contributor

@Texasmouse 

I have heard that.  After using this makeup remover, I was going to do that.  But after it made my skin so dehyrated and awful looking, I just rinsed again and applied a good deal of moisturizer.  Thank you for your reply!