Super Contributor

Cerave Renewing SA Cleanser - Can you answer a question for me?

Does anyone have a bottle of this they are currently using?  Is it supposed to be a clear liquid or does it have a slight beige cast to it? Does it have an odor?  I recently started using a bottle of this I purchased a couple weeks ago and put in my cabinet. Mine is kind of beige in color and has an odor. Is that normal for this cleanser? I didn't notice if it looked like this when I bought it or not. I had lots of stuff in my basket and just didn't pay attention to it. Thanks!

While I breathe, I hope - - South Carolina
Honored Contributor

Re: Cerave Renewing SA Cleanser - Can you answer a question for me?

Last year tried the cleanser. Had to stop, Extremely drying. Wish could remember! Sure someone here knows. Best of luck.
Respected Contributor

I just checked my DD's in her shower. No obnoxious smell and it is not beige. Clear-ish and thick. It spilled out when I sniffed it so I washed my hands with it - no smell. HTH

Super Contributor

@scatcat

Thanks for checking for me.  I think either mine has spoiled...if a cleanser can spoil. Mine definitely has a beige tint to it and a strange odor. I'm taking it back tonight. It was stored in my bathroom cabinet, which is cool and dark. Very strange.

While I breathe, I hope - - South Carolina
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Stuff can go bad. I bought a tube of Paula's Choice moisturizer on eBay that contains a lot of Shea Butter and similar stuff, and although it was sealed, it smelled off the first night I used it. The second night I used it, it was worse. Smelled a bit like a stable, and I had to wash it off. I emailed the seller that he had bad stock or a bad supplier, and won't buy fromhim again, of course. He sells a lot of cosmetics and beauty products that are sold here on the Q.

I'm amazed at how many sellers on eBay are listing cosmetics and beauty products as "new" but then in the copy they say it's a tester that's only been used a few times, or has 80% of the product left. What about that is "new"? But eBay lets them continue.

The sale of expired OTC health products is rampant as well. I saw eye drops that expired in 2013 listed last night on eBay, and a lot in the same brand from 2015. They're just not policing the site.

I know this is slightly OT, but since it has to do with products that have gone bad, I ask your indulgence. I had to vent. Robot Mad

Regular Contributor

Just checked my CeraVe Renewing SA Cleanser  -- it's clear and odorless.  Perhaps you did get one that has expired.  As a side note, I have very sensitive skin so I only use it once a week.  I use the Hydrating Cleanser (normal to dry skin) on a daily basis.