Honored Contributor

Re: CeraVe Renewing SA Cream

@porcelain wrote:

What does any of this have to do with a $8 body lotion from Walmart? You don't need a prescription. Samples aren't handed out. I don't see how kickbacks would make any sense, even regardless of the ethics and regulations involved.

Someone posted something about Dr.'s recommending products as they were sent on "exotic locations". That's how it got "off and running".....

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

For anyone who is wondering what their doctors receive from pharma companies, here is a link where you can put in your doctor's name and do a search:

https://openpaymentsdata.cms.gov/

I highly doubt their lists are comprehensive, but at least you can get some idea what they're getting from who...if you trust a government site, that is.

And thanks for the recommendation, @Sweet_Serenity!!  I have a few eczema spots that I should try this on.

The payments are not for prescribing drugs for pharma companies.   The payments are for acting as consultants or for speaking for the drug companies.   There are no payments to any physicians for prescribing products in my industry.  I don't know if device sales is different--may be.  

The website clarifies what the payments are for; people don't need outside guidance to use it.  

Call the payments what you will; I call them a conflict of interest.  I'm clearly not the only one who thinks this way, or the website wouldn't exist.

THIS is the post that clarification needed to be made to.   

There is NO conflict of interest either. 

Esteemed Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

For anyone who is wondering what their doctors receive from pharma companies, here is a link where you can put in your doctor's name and do a search:

I highly doubt their lists are comprehensive, but at least you can get some idea what they're getting from who...if you trust a government site, that is.

And thanks for the recommendation, @Sweet_Serenity!!  I have a few eczema spots that I should try this on.

The payments are not for prescribing drugs for pharma companies.   The payments are for acting as consultants or for speaking for the drug companies.   There are no payments to any physicians for prescribing products in my industry.  I don't know if device sales is different--may be.  

The website clarifies what the payments are for; people don't need outside guidance to use it.  

Call the payments what you will; I call them a conflict of interest.  I'm clearly not the only one who thinks this way, or the website wouldn't exist.

The website clarifies everything.  Why are you so opposed to people knowing what pharma is giving doctors?

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Respected Contributor

Sweet Serenity ~ Do you use the Moisturizer in the jar or the pump?  Beautypedia gives it high marks, just suggests the Pump so the ingredients stay potent longer.   I wold like to give  it a try.  Thanks!

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

The website clarifies everything.  Why are you so opposed to people knowing what pharma is giving doctors?

not opposed at all....I just want to make sure people know that pharma is not sending dr.'s to exotic locations or paying them to prescribe drugs.  I want the facts out there and not the "sensationalism".

Monies are shown on that site that reflect speaker payments and monies allotted to the ""Dr."in terms of lunches or dinners.  It's a total for all companies.  If they take a $10 lunch 5 days a week, that goes into that figure.  We are not paying them to prescribe.  

If a Dr. is on there with a large amount of money he/she has accepted from the industry, that Dr. is doing a lot of consulting and speaking.  He's not being paid to prescribe the drugs.

It is also not a conflict of interest.

In addition, I'd not go to a Dr. that doesn't see drug reps.  Let me assure you, the ones that refuse to see "us" are using older agents and they often are not as safe or efficacious.  I only go to Dr.'s who see reps.  I want them up on the latest.  I want my Dr.  on that website.

Before I make an appointment with a new clinician, I make sure they DO see pharma.  I want them on a list!

Honored Contributor

@Mistic wrote:

Sweet Serenity ~ Do you use the Moisturizer in the jar or the pump?  Beautypedia gives it high marks, just suggests the Pump so the ingredients stay potent longer.   I wold like to give  it a try.  Thanks!

I"m not Serenity, but I like the pump better!  I find it's super moisturizing!

Honored Contributor

Back to the original point of this.  LOL

This cream does absolutely nothing for the "chicken skin" on the back of my upper arms.  I generally use Amlactin and have used that product for years.  However, over the past couple of months I have had a terrible time finding it out in stores.  I'm not sure if it's been pulled to be reformulated or something else is going on.  It is out of stock and off shelves everywhere in my area.

Out of desperation I bought the CeraVe cream.  What a dud.  I should have saved my receipt and returned it. When I say it does nothing, I mean nothing.  I don't care who or what is recommending this cream/lotion. 

Gold Bond also makes a cream in a tub for rough and bumpy skin.  It is much cheaper than the CeraVe but it does nothing for me either.  

I'm going to have to attempt to order AmLactin and get my skin back in smooth condition.     

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Back to the original point of this.  LOL

This cream does absolutely nothing for the "chicken skin" on the back of my upper arms.  I generally use Amlactin and have used that product for years.  However, over the past couple of months I have had a terrible time finding it out in stores.  I'm not sure if it's been pulled to be reformulated or something else is going on.  It is out of stock and off shelves everywhere in my area.

Out of desperation I bought the CeraVe cream.  What a dud.  I should have saved my receipt and returned it. When I say it does nothing, I mean nothing.  I don't care who or what is recommending this cream/lotion. 

Gold Bond also makes a cream in a tub for rough and bumpy skin.  It is much cheaper than the CeraVe but it does nothing for me either.  

I'm going to have to attempt to order AmLactin and get my skin back in smooth condition.     

@Lipstickdiva  Our CVS has it on the bottom shelf of the creams.  I agree the CeraVe was a dud for me too.  I have found something I like better and that is Cutemol.  It's for my hands which get SO dry around my nails, and my heels.  It stays on pretty well and seems to work fairly well for that. 

I had to order that because at the time at least CVS didn't have it!  I'm going to take another try at AmLactin.  I used to use that too.  Try try try huh???  LOL!!!

Honored Contributor

@Sooner, I don't use the AmLactin anywhere but on the backs of my upper arms where I get that darn chicken skin.  It always feels like I have goose bumps.  The only other cream that worked for me was sold in the Sears Beauty Circle back in the day.  LOL  I wish I had stocked up on that stuff when they were getting rid of their beauty products. 

I'm not sure what is going on with the Amlactin in my area.  I've tried Walmart, 2 Target stores, CVS, Rite Aid, Walgreens, a local family owned drugstore and my grocery store.   I thought it was discontinued and almost cried.        

Regular Contributor

I love the CeraVe body creams and lotions, including the SA one. There is a new one out by CeraVe for Psoriasis that has great ingredients that I am going to try next.

I have occasional eczema and these creams have been great, to the point I don't have a flare up unless I use nitrile gloves at work, which sets it off. The CeraVe ointment in the dark blue tube is what I reach for when that happens - you have to massage it in, but it is better by the next morning!