Respected Contributor

@Texasmouse - I am not offended by this, I see you're a regular poster and this was accidental.

It was just a statement letting others know this post was a year old, so they may have already posted on it like I have done in the past, taking time to look up information to post and then realizing I already posted it.  I have learned to look at dates on posts so as not to do this.

Yes, some of this information is always interesting, but I have noticed sometimes the product has had changes to it, so the information could be incorrect a year later.  Formulations change on an alarming pace these days!

Love your little kitty, looks a lot like mine!😺😺

Valued Contributor
I use their pm moisturizer as my daytime moisturizer, Love it and it plays well with makeup and keeps skin hydrated throughout the day.
Valued Contributor
Gosh just saw this was an old thread. Anyhoo still love the moisturizer!
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

wrote:

I have the tub of moisturizing cream but it didn't come with a pump. Actually this one is rather thick so doubt if a pump would work. Love it at this time of year when without using it after showering my arms would be dry and my legs so dry they get flaky. I like that it absorbs quickly. Was using Josie M's body butter and like that too but it stays a tad greasy on the skin for a bit before absorbing so for now while it's cold thus long sleeve and long pants weather and don't want to wait for the body butter to absorb am using just the CeraVe Cream.

@shaggygirl

That tub of Cerave cream comes both with and without the pump.  The first time I bought it with the pump, then the next time only had to buy the (slightly cheaper) jar without the pump.  The pump can then be used with the new jar.  It's thickish, but pumps easily.  Thanks to whoever first recommended this on the beauty board!

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Respected Contributor

This thread reminded me to pick up a jar. I kept forgetting every time I was at the store. 

I need something moisturizing in the winter and am glad to have this on hand.  

Next time I will pick up the one with the pump so I can have the pump for furture use.

Trusted Contributor

@HerRoyaLioness also in the years time, the OP has recommended a bunch of other products instead......guess this wasn't her HG after all.  Luckily others have given their feedback after using it for an extended period of time.  I personally don't recommend anything until I have used it for awhile....but that's just me. 😁

Valued Contributor

wrote:
I use their pm moisturizer as my daytime moisturizer, Love it and it plays well with makeup and keeps skin hydrated throughout the day.

The PM moisturizer is fantastic and the "PM" just refers to the fact that it doesn't contain sunscreen.  I started using Retin A several months ago and use the PM moisturizer over the Retin A at night and also in the morning under my makeup if my skin is feeling dry.  I did buy the AM moisturizer (with sunscreen) as well, but didn't care for it.  I think I finally found my HG sunscreen recently, however.  It's Elta MD Clear (tinted).  This sunscreen has a combination of both physical and chemical suncreen ingredients; my skin normally doesn't like chemical sunscreens, but I have no problems with the Elta MD.  BTW, the CeraVe PM moisturizer has a 5 star rating on Beautypedia.com.

Regular Contributor

I use a lot of the CeraVe products. I started with their basic cream in the big jar with a pump to take to work instead of my much more expensive body lotion. Ha! I was so impressed that I have never repurchased that expensive one since and have added a lot of the CeraVe products to my skin care. I have the mini tubes of the dark blue container ointment everywhere, in every purse, drawer at work etc. to put on my lips and my dry knuckles and cuticles. Their cleansers are  ok, but not my absolute favorites. I have several of their new facial products and again, I am impressed with the results. 

This line has saved me a lot of money on skin care. I still get some expensive favorites from Shiseido and some others that I just love, but the CeraVe line is really good. There was another line called Aquation that I LOVED that was similar to CeraVe, but they recently went out of business, probably because they were similar to CeraVe but did not have the advertising clout that CeraVe has. I bought a lot of lotions from Walmart before it is all gone. 

I buy most of my CeraVe from CVS when I have one of their 30% off coupons. I stock up and it usually lasts me until the next coupon!

Valued Contributor

And, if you go onto the CeraVe website, there's always a $2.00 coupon there.  I actually used it a couple of days ago to purchase my beloved PM moisturizer.  It only cost me $6.97 at Walmart.  Quite a bargain for such a wonderful product!

Honored Contributor

Re: CeraVe Cream

[ Edited ]

@Suebdoo 

I never stopped using CeraVe. Do agree with you, Important allowing time testing before recommending to someone else. CeraVe remains one of my favorites. Easy to see why so popular. Especially anyone dealing with dry sensitive skin.