Valued Contributor

My Derm recommends the cleanser. I have Roseacea and even Purity was too much. I like it.

Respected Contributor

wrote:

Just wondering what I could use for facial skin more on the normal side. Would the cream be too heavy for face, would it clog pores? Would lotion or pm moisturizer be better? I have never been sure if the cream was meant for the face! Thanks.

@bosmamaa

I use the PM lotion in the morning, under my tinted sunscreen because it's light and non-greasy but I wanted something a little richer for night, since my skin has dried out quite a bit, using Retin A. I bought the cream in the tub and was almost too scared to use it on my face thinking it was going to be too heavy and greasy but was quite surprised that, even though it's a thick cream, it sank right into my skin without leaving a film. In fact, I'm thinking of adding a few drops of a facial oil to it because it's not emollient enough for me.

Trusted Contributor

I love CeraVe!  I’ve switched out all of my foolishly expensive Drunk Elephant, Peter Thomas Roth, Philosophy, and Tatcha skincare and gone all CeraVe.  The YouTube dermatologist I like, Dr. Dray, clued me in to CeraVe.  So now all I use is tretinoin and CeraVe products, including their sunscreen.  Btw, the big tub of CeraVe is safe to use on the face, it’s a head to toe product.

Respected Contributor

@TuesdayTaylor

I know that Dr. Dray really likes the AM moisturizer with SPF 30 but this is a combination sunscreen and I've had chemical sunscreens irritate my eyes in the past. Do you find that the CeraVe sunscreen bothers your eyes?

Respected Contributor

This thread is a year old......

Honored Contributor

Re: CeraVe Cream

[ Edited ]

wrote:

This thread is a year old......

I just noticed that too, but who cares.? The info is good on the thread.  It's irrelevant how old the thread is it is as creams/moisturizers, preferences, etc. are appropriate to discuss whenever--the topic isn't old.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

wrote:

@TuesdayTaylor

I know that Dr. Dray really likes the AM moisturizer with SPF 30 but this is a combination sunscreen and I've had chemical sunscreens irritate my eyes in the past. Do you find that the CeraVe sunscreen bothers your eyes?

@Texasmouse, I recently tried the AM moisturizer with SPF and disliked it.  It didn't bother my eyes that I remember, but it went on very thick (compared to the Paula's Choice moisturizer/sunscreen I have used for a long time), and when I added my primer and foundation, it rolled and pilled into little balls.  Blech.  So the chemical aspect obviously did not agree with my primer/foundation ingredients.  I went straight back to Paula's Choice.  Never would have tried the Cerave AM, but I like other products in that line, and PC has become so expensive.

Respected Contributor

@winamac1- it just puzzles me why someone would revive such an old thread, why do that, and not just start a new one? 

I have already posted on a thread and found out I already posted a similar comment previously, but because it was such an old thread I didn't remember I already posted, so  I  just wanted posters to be aware of this Smiley Frustrated

I just prefer current threads I guess.  A lot of these posters seem to have only 1 post and dig up old threads for their amusement and never come back to it, not that that's true in this case.

Respected Contributor

@Ainhisg thanks for weighing in.  I've read about this problem on a few sites now so I'm thinking this moisturizer/sunscreen probably wouldn't be the best option for me, since I would also be layering other products on top.

Respected Contributor

@HerRoyaLioness

I was doing a search on CeraVe creams and came upon this thread. When I added my post, I didn't realize the thread was a year old. Forgive me if this offended you. The subject matter, however, is still relevant and people posting comments could still be useful to some (including me).