Honored Contributor

Re: Celebrity, Designer Fragrances or both?

@Katcat1 wrote:

There is one fragrance out now called Stash.  I would not purchase it because of the name.  The name is a complete turn off.  The celebrity is the actress that played the lead role in Sex in the City.  She was Carrie.  Her name is just not coming to me but it surprised me that she would call her fragrance Stash.  Cat Very Happy  To be honest, I never purchased a fragrance by a celebrity.

Sarah Jessica Parker. She's had a couple previously well-reviewed perfumes. The only possible negative I know of to the word "stash" refers to someone's hidden drugs, but really, the word is not obscene or anything. And it probably doesn't refer here at to drugs but just to its normal definition of something secretly stored away.

Now, if you really want to see semi-obscene names, take a look at Urban Decay's makeup line. :-) Not a bother to me, though. I love their eye pencils and eyeshadows.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3@Katcat1

I would be curious to smell Stash since her previous scent, Lovely, was so nice!

Trusted Contributor

I used too be a Chanel only wearer.  No. 5, Mademoiselle and Coco were the only fragrances I would consider!

Suddenly, (like overnight), I couldn't stand the smell of any of them or any other designer or celebrity fragrance I tried.  They all smelled like rubbing alcohol to me.

I stopped wearing fragrance for 5 years, until I went to a small boutique in our small downtown area and found a woman who mixed oils together with almond oil to enhance one's own chemistry.  I was in love!!  She has made me several bottles of perfumed oil, perfumed body lotion, shower gel and body creme.

I'm back in fragrance love!

Honored Contributor

I love love love fragrance! Over the years I have purchased many a fragrance that I thought I would love only to have the scent dissappear on me with in the hour..I now try all scents before purchasing, as I tend to like the more spicy scents, and those are the ones that work well with my body chemistry.....I really don't care who makes it, if I love it I will buy it....I love the fragrance by Sofia Vergara(HSN used to sell it) but now can only find on The Perfume Spot dot com.....I haven't searched all the stores for it though.....It is not considered a spciy scent, but I kist loved the notes and the it did smell really good on me, so I like to test  different fragrances fitrst! 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Andreatoo wrote:
I forgot to mention how wonderful Pitbull Woman is. Yes the rapper! I smelled it on a client and fell in love. Imagine my surprise when she told me who it was

@AndreatooI treated myself to a little bottle just to try it and I like it!

It is a little more "perfumey" than I tend to wear after being a Pure Grace type of girl for so long but the fragrance is really pretty!

It smells so feminine and lovely and it lasts.

I feel like a lady again lol

Thank you for mentioning this! Heart

Honored Contributor

@Pqfan

I'm so glad that you like it! I find it to be a warm, delicate scent. Not at all what one would expect from a performer named Pitbull!

If you like this you would also like the Vera Wang Embrace green tea pear. It has a similar Scent-sibility🤗

Respected Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Pqfan

I'm so glad that you like it! I find it to be a warm, delicate scent. Not at all what one would expect from a performer named Pitbull!

If you like this you would also like the Vera Wang Embrace green tea pear. It has a similar Scent-sibility🤗

@Andreatoo Last night I put some on before I went to bed which I never do and I smelled so good!

I kept laughing at the name but it really is nice!

I will try the Vera Wang too.

Thanks again!