Honored Contributor

Cedaphil daily skin cleanser as a skin cleanser

[ Edited ]

It seems to be working just as well as my very expensive Dermalogica ultra calm cleanser at a fraction of the price

edited to change the headline to make sense more

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Re: Cedaphil lotion as a skin cleanser

Makes sense to me. Sometimes when I look at the ingredients on a gentle cleanser I could swear I'm looking at a moisturizer. Sometimes there don't even seem to be any actual cleansing agents in them. I mean, people cleanse with oil. So...why not?

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

Re: Cedaphil Daily cleanser as a skin cleanser

@Porcelain 

I had the name of the producat wrong

@Porcelain wrote:

Makes sense to me. Sometimes when I look at the ingredients on a gentle cleanser I could swear I'm looking at a moisturizer. Sometimes there don't even seem to be any actual cleansing agents in them. I mean, people cleanse with oil. So...why not?

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Re: Cedaphil Daily cleanser as a skin cleanser

@I am still oxox wrote:

@Porcelain 

I had the name of the producat wrong

@Porcelain wrote:

lol Oh! okay. I'm glad you found a good alternative. I love my CeraVe foaming wash. Haven't found anything I like better yet.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

Re: Cedaphil daily skin cleanser as a skin cleanser

@I am still oxox wrote:

It seems to be working just as well as my very expensive Dermalogica ultra calm cleanser at a fraction of the price

I've used this 3 or more years, like it alot. They also have a lotion.

Honored Contributor

I use Cetaphil cleanser on my face in the morning when I don't have any  make-up on.  It was recommended to me years ago when I was having issues with eczema on my face.  However, it doesn't do a good job removing make-up at all.

I've never used the skin cleanser on my body but I have used that version on my face instead of the facial cleanser and I have been fine.  

Honored Contributor

Cetaphil has often been the choice among dermatologists.

Esteemed Contributor

My dermatologist has it in his restrooms for people who need to wash after treatments. I’ve used it for years.

Trusted Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

I think the thing that can get really confusing--at least for me--is that there are two types of Cetaphil cleansers.

I have both kinds.

There's the gentle milky-type of cleanser that you can tissue off if you want to, where you don't even need to rinse it off with water, although i'lll use water with it. 

Then there's the other kind of cleanser that is also nice and says on the bottle that it's good for normal or oily skin. 

This one says that it can also remove make-up.

It looks like baby shampoo and has a mild scent to it.

Respected Contributor

@Toppers3  I tried the "gentle" formula, and found it didn't cleanse my skin well at all! Went back to the normal-to-oily formula which I'd already used for a long time, and liked a lot. I have combo skin, and it removes all my makeup (including waterproof eyeliner) without stripping my skin.

Just for reference, I'm 64.