Honored Contributor

Catrice 18HR Tru Skin Foundation & Concealer

Anyone here use them?  I'd love to hear why you like or reason why you don't like the products.  I've heard of the brand but to be honest I've never looked at it with any interest to purchase.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Catrice 18HR Tru Skin Foundation & Concealer

@monicakm I have the foundation and I like it.  Unfortunately the color I bought is a little darker and warmer than what I need so I don't wear it on it's own.  I mix one pump of it along with one pump of my Double Wear and I love the combination!  I actually like it better than the DW on it's own.  I also sometimes add one drop of ABH hydrating oil if I'm feeling a little dry from my retin-a and then mix everything together on a palette.  

I can't speak to how it performs on it's own, but it's inexpensive so worth a try if it sounds like a foundation you would like.  I haven't tried the concealer yet because I have a bunch I'm already using but it's something I want to try when I need a new one.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm I'm curious about it too.  Keep hearing it mentioned.  It's not at Ulta so not sure where its sold.  

Trusted Contributor

@JudyL They have a limited shade selection on Amazon.  I bought mine on the Catrice website.  I think they have free shipping if you spend $25.

Respected Contributor

I would love to try it. But it's always a roll of the dice for a color match! I am always afraid it'll oxidize. I keep hoping to try a swatch eventually!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

@monicakm - went on YouTube first to see videos on their hydrating foundation. Tati loved it.  Looked at a few other videos too.  So went to website and took their shade finder quiz and picked up 2 different shades of the hydrating foundation because I felt either one would probably work.  Will let you know how I like/dislike the foundation once I get it and try it out.

Honored Contributor

I have too many tubes of my HG foundation to use and a few tubes of concealer so I'm not in the market for anything now but this is on my list of products to try.  It will be well into next year though.  LOL  

Trusted Contributor

@JudyL I'm curious to hear how the shades work for you.  I used their shade finder and it was way off.  I matched with my EL DW shade which is described as "pale ivory beige with neutral undertones" and they matched me with Warm Vanilla which is a few shades darker and definitely warm and not neutral.  I hesitated to order it because it didn't sound right but figured I'd give it a try.  On hindsight I should've probably gone with a cool toned shade since I guess they don't have a neutral in my shade range.  Good luck!

Respected Contributor

Tati reviewed this  a  couple weeks ago and loved it , she reviewed concealer this week and thought it was good , but nothing as good as foundation. I thik she said it was hard to get , probably because of the you tube coverage.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@lkat wrote:

@JudyL I'm curious to hear how the shades work for you.  I used their shade finder and it was way off.  I matched with my EL DW shade which is described as "pale ivory beige with neutral undertones" and they matched me with Warm Vanilla which is a few shades darker and definitely warm and not neutral.  I hesitated to order it because it didn't sound right but figured I'd give it a try.  On hindsight I should've probably gone with a cool toned shade since I guess they don't have a neutral in my shade range.  Good luck!

@lkat - I completely understand because I was a little concerned when I saw the choices on their shade finder.  Then I went to the part where you could put in your current foundation and shade and see the match and it was the same so I'm hoping one of the shades works or will try combining the two.