Regular Contributor
I know this is off topic, in a way, but this is such a popular site I knew I would get some help. Had cataract surgery a month ago and am still seeing a film over my eyes at times. When will this clear up. Has anyone had any experiences with this and what can I expect. Also seeing glare off lights, not halos. Thanks for any and all I formation. My vision is great, no glasses so far.
Respected Contributor

It took about a year before I completely was able to see 20 /20 without some visual blurring. I remember having a lot of sensitivity to light which is also gone. I have read many posters seem to have sailed through it but for myself, there was a period of adjustment before the blurring went away...

I really believe we all heal at different rates so don't be discouraged. If it continues, check with your doctor for reassurance that all is well. Good luck!Smile

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

I had surgery on both eyes, I haven't experienced any problems with glare or filming in my eyes. Did you go back after surgery for the lazer treatment? If it continues just to be on the safe side I would make an appointment and see my surgeon, it's probably nothing especially if you just had it done. I too have been glasses free but I was told I probably at some point would need a mild lens for driving not reading or watching TV which I thought was odd. We will see. I have my eyes checked every year and so far so good. I am very glad I had it done and I am sure you are too, makes quite a difference huh?

Regular Contributor
Silkeej, I am going back in a couple of weeks to see the dr. so I will ask him then and see about having the other eye done or getting a contact for that eye til it is ready. My brain is not cooperating with one good and one bad eye. I don't know how people that have one contact for distance and one for close up do it!
Honored Contributor

had both eyes done several years ago. I did pick up that film you are talking about.

had to have laser surg done by my doctor who did the surg for my cataracts.

still have glare and halos around lights, have had this since day 1 after surg. the halos have gotten better since I got my new glasses this past Jan.. I got those new Crysial lenses. Still have to wear very dark sun glasses everytime I go outside, to much light hurts my eyes.

Trusted Contributor
You may be experiencing dry eye. It's very common after cataract surgery. I have it and it got worse after my cataract surgery so my Opthamologist prescribed Restassis and it's helped immensely. Plus I use Systane eye drops during the day. Restassis eye drops are used once in the am and before bed. Sunglasses are also a necessity.