Respected Contributor

Re: Carolyn Gracie's new haircut

my goodness ... she looks positively STUNNING.  and i so very much agree that she looks so young and so good without makeup!

i have missed her, and i am really looking forward to her return! 

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

it's very cute and makes her look so young.

The cute cut doesn't make her look young! Its being without the layers of makeup she has to wear while on the air. Makeup free always makes you look more youthful.

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

I like Carolyn, so don't get me wrong, but I don't think this is a new haircut for her as mush as it's a re-cut to what she already had.  When she got all her long layers cut, many months ago, her new do was pretty much like this.  I'm guessing it's grown out quit a bit while she's been off work.  New or renewed, it's a cute style on her.  

Trusted Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

I like Carolyn, so don't get me wrong, but I don't think this is a new haircut for her as mush as it's a re-cut to what she already had.  When she got all her long layers cut, many months ago, her new do was pretty much like this.  I'm guessing it's grown out quit a bit while she's been off work.  New or renewed, it's a cute style on her.  

Hi, JLF!  Carolyn called it a new hairdo update, and I think that is what it is.  She is styling it a bit differently.  Here is a before picture with Maria and Shawn.  Carolyn also mentioned that Linda Davies was there are got a new haircut!  Can't wait to see it!

photo 10.JPG

Paws and enjoy life.
Esteemed Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

it's very cute and makes her look so young.

The cute cut doesn't make her look young! Its being without the layers of makeup she has to wear while on the air. Makeup free always makes you look more youthful.

I agree.  Carolyn is pretty in any setting and with or without makeup.  In this case she may not be totally without makeup.  She's probably wearing a very sheer foundation or a tinted moisturizer (to achieve some balance/evening of the complexion) and lip gloss.  I think that's no different that what the majority of us would wear on our faces to go to the hair salon.  

The dark heavy eye makeup shopping channel hosts wear is ridiculous.  They and the makeup artists who advise them seem to think it is glamorous, but it's a difficult look to pull off and it ages all of those who wear do it.  It's also a little dated looking.  Most of them would benefit from softening the eye makeup.  A good example of a couple of ladies who frequently wear soft eye makeup check out Kendy K. on Evine and Tamara H. on HSN.    

Honored Contributor

I absolutely love her haircut but I have totally different hair and mine would never look like that.  Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

I think she looks great and if she wanted a shocking green and purple mohawk, she would be lovely as well. After all she has been thru, and speaking as a survivor myself, WHATEVER makes her feel good is 100% ok with me!!!  Been there sister!!!!

Honored Contributor

@SHIRAZ wrote:

She looks great!!!

Yes she does.  If I were more daring I'd try something similar.