Esteemed Contributor

Re: Carol's Daughter Website 50% Flash Sale

Thanks for the heads up!! I got the Sacred Tiare because I couldn't get Cupuacu. I think they aren't making that anymore, but the ST is just as good!

Highlighted
Super Contributor

@Shelbellewrote:

Did you know Carol's Daughter is owned by L'Oreal?

No. But it wouldn't affect whether I purchase or not if I did. They don't test on animals. 

Our consumers’ health and safety have always been an absolute priority for L’Oréal. As is the support of animal welfare.

L’Oréal has developed a very rigorous safety evaluation procedure of its products, backed by Research. Well before the question of animal testing was raised by civil society or within a regulatory framework, L’Oréal has been committed to new methods of assessing safety that don’t involve animals. A true pioneer, L'Oréal has been reconstructing human skin models in laboratories to elaborate in vitro safety tests since 1979, as an alternative to animals. In 1989, L’Oréal completely ceased testing its products on animals, thus 14 years before the regulation required so. Today, L'Oréal no longer tests its ingredients on animals and no longer tolerates any exception to this rule.

Certain health authorities may nevertheless decide to conduct animal tests themselves for certain cosmetic products, as it is still the case in China. L’Oréal has been the most active company working alongside the Chinese authorities and scientists for over 10 years to have alternative testing methods recognized, and permit the cosmetic regulation to evolve towards a total and definite elimination of animal testing. Thanks to this, since 2014, certain products manufactured and sold in China like shampoo, body wash or certain make-up are no longer tested on animals.

Honored Contributor

I am not that impressed with her products.  In fact, I tossed out her hair spray and will never purchase from her again.

kindness is strength
Super Contributor

@Katcat1wrote:

I am not that impressed with her products.  In fact, I tossed out her hair spray and will never purchase from her again.

Sorry to hearKatCat1. I started using her Monoi hair products last year. I used to have a lot of hair in the drain cup after each shower. I swear the shampoo and conditioner has cut down the breakage at least half it not more. I don't get the flyaways or as much frizz either. I haven't tried the hair spray. Just use the Monoi shampoo, conditioner, oil and leave in conditioning spray.