Valued Contributor

Anyone ever tried Carol's Daughter Monoi line? I just got a free sample of the shampoo and conditioner from HSN and I'm curious is anyone here has tried it. It's always been one I've wanted to try so this is a nice surprise {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}. It always seems to sell out so quickly when she has it on air on HSN.

Respected Contributor
My DD loves this. She is a swimmer and has very long, thick, somewhat wavy and coarse hair. So, she needs a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner. She says she notices a difference immediately after using it if she has had to use something else. Really works for her. I have not personally tried it as I am very happy with what I use.
Respected Contributor

I am a long time WEN user who took a two year break some time ago (I'm back with WEN now). During that hiatus the Carol's Daughter monoi line is one that I tried. To my surprise it did not work for me at all. My hair is thick, fine, curly and shoulder length. It craves moisture. From the product description I thought it would be perfect. However it was not only very drying to my hair but it made my scalp i t c h like crazy. Clearly it was not meant for me because sooooo many others report soft and shiny hair.

Check out the reviews on HSN...there are lots of positive comments.

Occasional Contributor

I have been using the Carol's Daughter Monoi line for about 6 months and I love it! It makes my hair soft and smooth and helps keep my color from fading so fast. If you're looking to try it out, you can buy a sample 3-piece kit of the shampoo, conditioner, and repairing mask at Ulta stores for around $20. It would last about 2-3 weeks.

Honored Contributor

I bought the shampoo & conditioner about 2 wks ago when the had 30% off. It seems to make my hair feel thicker/fuller. The conditioner is not very conditioning. I had to use a lot of it. Leaves my hair feeling dry & frizzy looking. I have to use my Ouidad after I use the 2 products so my hair will be soft & smooth. The first time I used it I could not comb my hair. I have never used a conditioner before where I could not run a comb through it afterwards. I won't be buying it again. Glad I got 30% off. I bought Shea Moisture Retention shampoo from Sally Beauty & like it so far. They also have a Monoi line but have not tried it.

Esteemed Contributor

I had mixed results. The daily conditioner was ok, but the shampoo made my hair feel dry. The deep conditioner worked for me, but I get much better results from the deep conditioner of other brands.

Super Contributor

I'd like to hear what you thought of the monoi too. I have also been really tempted by it on HSN. I got a sample of a styling cream by Carol's Daughter in my Ipsy bag last month and I was really impressed with it (I had no expectations either way) - planning to check out the black vanilla line at target next week.

Honored Contributor

I love the Spray in Conditioner, I am not at home but I think it is called Strenthening Spray,I use it after cleasing my hair and I also love the Monoi Serum-super hydrating but does not weigh the hair down at all.....This is the best serum I have tried for my super fine dry hair!!!!!I have not tried the shampoo or conditioner as I am happy with WEN.