Respected Contributor

Carol's Daughter Monoi Repairing Shampoo/Conditioner

For anyone who has tried it, did you like it? Why or why not? I'm thinking about trying it....I'd like to strengthen my hair and add a little shine. In doing some research, I think this might help.
Occasional Contributor

Re: Carol's Daughter Monoi Repairing Shampoo/Conditioner

I tried it the last time it was a today's special and even went on auto-ship, but ended up cancelling. It has a nice fragrance, but it is quite strong and I felt it overpowered the perfume I would wear. Even at the end of the day I could smell the Monoi fragrance over everything. For me, that was too much. The formulas are very thick so a little goes a long way, which is a plus. But almost too thick for the type of bottle it is in. It is a twist cap that you cannot take off and you really have to squeeze hard to get it out of the bottle. I would keep them upside down to make it a little easier. It gets good reviews on HSN, and I used both the shampoo and conditioner until they were gone, but I honestly did not see any difference in my hair. It was really the fragrance that was too much for me. Hope this was helpful.

Respected Contributor

@susanshop thank you! I don't like strong scents so I may check it out at Ulta tomorrow and give it a whiff.
Super Contributor

I have it but not good for oily hair...I like the smell, it is like a tropical island smell...

Trusted Contributor

@Rachb wrote:
For anyone who has tried it, did you like it? Why or why not? I'm thinking about trying it....I'd like to strengthen my hair and add a little shine. In doing some research, I think this might help.

Racha, I tried it once when it was a tsv but I did not care for it because it dried my hair out.  I'm afraid I had to send it back.

Honored Contributor

I've been using it with great results for 7 mon now.  I love the scent and do not find it overpowering and I have asthma and cannot handle many scents,  It smells like honeysuckle and is a light scent.  My hair is much softer and much stronger.  What works for some doesn't work for everyone though but if you don't try it you'll never know.

Respected Contributor

Thanks, all. I like to rotate shampoos (probably every other day.) My hairdresser used the new Regenesis shampoo and conditioner (made by the same company as revitalash) yesterday and my hair looked and felt so great and healthy. So I ordered that from Amazon. But I want something to use on the days I don't use the Regenesis. I was thinking that this might be a good option.
Respected Contributor

@Rachb wrote:

======

Yes!  I've tried almost all of CD's hair products and there were only 2 (out of dozens!) that I didn't like.

Her products are so good for my hair, I use her products pretty much exclusively.  I rarely use any other hair products.

All of the CD products I used "strengthened" my hair and stopped breakage.

BTW, the Monoi Anti-breakage Spray is phenomenal.

CD products have a lot of protein, so, be sure you use a moisturizing condiitoner after shampooing.

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Respected Contributor

@RinaRina thank you! I'm looking forward to scoping out the products at Ulta later this morning. Hsn has a pretty good deal on the shampoo/conditioner set, and free shipping. But I have my birthday coupon, $10 with not brand restrictions, for Ulta. So it's actually comes out to a little less. If like it, I'll buy a backup set from Hsn. When you say to be sure to use a moisturizing conditioner...is this in addition to the Monoi conditioner? Or should that be sufficient?
Respected Contributor

@Rachb wrote:
@RinaRina thank you!  When you say to be sure to use a moisturizing conditioner...is this in addition to the Monoi conditioner? Or should that be sufficient?

===================

That would be fine.  I like all the CD conditioners I've tried. However, you said you wanted to "strenghthen" your hair.  If you have brittle hair that is breaking off, then you should prolly use the Black Vanilla Hair Smoothie.  Then after rinsing, finish with the Anti-breakage spray.  Also, unless the product specifically says, "apply to scalp", NEVER put CD conditioners on your scalp, especially if you sweat a lot during the summer.

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."