Frequent Contributor

Go online to Beyond Scents.  They are a small to medium shop in Southern California that makes perfumes and oils and more.  Carnation is one of their offerings.  You can also create a custom scent.  They are nice people.

Respected Contributor

Re: Carnation Fragrance?

[ Edited ]

I know the one you mean. The box was white with a red carnation on the front. I still have it but would require some digging to find, and I am racking my brain to think of the name!

Contributor

The scent you are looking for is "Bellodgia" by Caron.   It is a French perfume. Trust me, my Mom and I used to wear it. Don't know if you can still find it. It is very nice. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@FrostyBabe1 wrote:

My mom used to wear Blue Carnation from Roger & Gallet (in the 60's & 70's) and I absolutely loved it. She said she started wearing it many years earlier as a young woman and it just became her everyday, signature scent.

I used the soaps to scent my lingerie drawer for some time, but haven't been able to find them in at least 15 years. 

I tried a dupe from one of those "we can replicate any scent" places, but it smelled like bug spray. 

@FrostyBabe1 

YES !!   It was Blue Carnation by Gallet.  I seem to think I saw the soaps recently .... I'll think about it, and see if I can remember.   

@aubnwa01 

Have you tried a tuberose scent ?    It's a bit similar to carnation ... well, some noses will think so.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gtx 

I don't know what happened to all the thousands of old posts under my name, but anyway  I agree, L'Air du Temps is the scent that says carnation to my nose. I received my first bottle of it as a young mom in the 70's.  I purchased it sometime within the past 10 years and still smells how I remember.  I like to wear it around the holidays. 

Respected Contributor

So, 

Respected Contributor

@Desi wrote:

So, 

I think it might've been the Roger & Gallet or maybe by Yardley Of London.  None of the other brands sound familiar & the price point on most of them would've been way beyond my teenaged finances to spend.

Respected Contributor

I remember a beautiful Carnation based perfume from Querlain that my husband gifted me years ago. The name does not fit the perfume at all tho. It was called Querlain Metalic which had notes of Carnation, Vanilla & Woods. Gorgeous Bottle too! I still have a few drops left of it & kept the bottle. Holds a special memory for me. Discontinued.

Valued Contributor

I used to buy a carnation eau de parfum at Bloomingdales back in the mid-1970s.  I want to say the brand was Pret a Porter but when I google that nothing looks right.  I really liked that scent.  Somewhat reminiscent of the baby powder page in the vintage "Pat the Bunny" kids book.  :-)

Respected Contributor

Oh, Blue Carnation by Roget and Gallet!  I would pay a pretty penny to be able to purchase that fragrance again.  I was able to get the soaps a few years back, but I think they even stopped making the soap too.  It was the most beautiful fragrance.  So very true to the carnation scent.  

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward