Honored Contributor

I thought everyone looked natural and her foundation seemed to give nice coverage. I like makeup that has skin care in it and I don't think her products do, unless I missed that info. I personally like make up sold in sets and I didn't think the price of her makeup is expensive. It will be interesting to read the reviews, I like Carmindy and hope her line is a big success.

Respected Contributor

I wish 'What Not to Wear' was still on.  I really njoyed that program every week.  Always liked Carmindy and she knows what she is doing.  However, I agree about the dark skinned model and the blush/highlighter they had on her.  That just looked too light and bright on her.  Not at all natural.

Also, the eyeshadow did look to me like it had a lot of fallout, there were particles all over the models cheeks and even Sandra Bennett had some sort of a smudge by her nose/cheek/lip area which I'm surprised they didn't touch up right away.  I was disappointed in the presentation.  The eyebrow pencil didn't look anything special, wasn't wild about the pencil tip on it, kinda thick and blocky.  I also don't go for all that highlighter.  They talk about using a finishing powder to cut down on the shine, but they use all that highlighter everywhere.  And the mascara is just another mascara.  Nothing really struck me here.  Disappointing.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

@monie monie @MarkeieMark   Thank you.  I think what happened is Carmindy place that pink pressed powder on the black woman's skin and it was showing thru.  It looked very strange and I noticed they did not keep those two models on air for very long.  She should have tested her makeup on those two models before the program started.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@monie monie @MarkeieMark   Thank you.  I think what happened is Carmindy place that pink pressed powder on the black woman's skin and it was showing thru.  It looked very strange and I noticed they did not keep those two models on air for very long.  She should have tested her makeup on those two models before the program started.

@Katcat1  I’m so glad Carmindy demonstrated her colour cosmetics on a dark skinned model.  So often cosmetic companies make any old dark concoction and call it good enough . At present there is ONE brand on all of QVC that offers dark tones that match dark skin without turning green (EvePearl) or grey (IT, Bobbie Brown,  Belle .... ) .  There is ONE lipstick with rich lip colour.  Both are Urban Decay. There is no suitable blush, not one. There is no black eyebrow pencil.

Now everyone can see why women of colour feel excluded and insulted by Q vendors and management, especially when we hear the standard line “ this collection is for everyone”.  

Honored Contributor

I didn’t see it, but in the past, I’ve often seen too-dark foundation shades put on women who are fair skinned.  The hosts often say they wear “medium” when in fact, they should go a shade or two lighter.  

As for the “kits”....this is the way most beauty  brands are sold on QVC.  Rarely do I use everything in the kit, but it would cost  more to buy the few things I want, individually. 

Respected Contributor

@Skyegirl21 wrote:

I got her 5 piece kit. I LOVE tube mascara and need a new liner and lippie... I have always liked Carmindy from what Not To Wear days! 

@Skyegirl21 

I used to think she UNDER made up the women on that show!  Like give them a bit more color on their lips, for example.

I don't mean stage make up, but a touch more.

Hyacinth

Respected Contributor

@CoG wrote:

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Katcat1  I’m so glad Carmindy demonstrated her colour cosmetics on a dark skinned model.  So often cosmetic companies make any old dark concoction and call it good enough . At present there is ONE brand on all of QVC that offers dark tones that match dark skin without turning green (EvePearl) or grey (IT, Bobbie Brown,  Belle .... ) .  There is ONE lipstick with rich lip colour.  Both are Urban Decay. There is no suitable blush, not one. There is no black eyebrow pencil.

Now everyone can see why women of colour feel excluded and insulted by Q vendors and management, especially when we hear the standard line “ this collection is for everyone”.

@CoG 

I have the opposite problem than darker skin tones, but I get what you mean.  I am very fair, and no, it doesn't work on everyone.  Coral tones look horrible on me (blush or lips), and foundations are too dark or too yellow on me.

There is NOTHING that looks good on everyone.  I think those of us that are at the very light or very dark skin tones have a lot of difficulty getting the right shade!

Hyacinth

Trusted Contributor

@hyacinth003  when Rhianna  launched her new foundation with 42 shades, each with a designated undertone, Sephora’s was packed.  It was like a convention, women helping each other find their shades from true ivory to  honest ebony, cool, neutral and warm.    There had never been nor will there probably ever be a day like that one.  

Sadly, Q doesn’t get it.

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

What on earth are they placing on the black women's faces?  It does not look right.  It's like there is a white shadow on their skin.  I believe the shade they are using is incorrect.  I also noticed that she is trying to sell everything in sets to make more money.

@Katcat1   I think the primer product was reacting w/ the tones in her skin and the makeup shade was definitely wrong. Many times on darker skin tones, I need two foundations to even out darker/lighter areas. One shade doesn’t do it. Sometimes lighter complexions require two shades as well. BTW, I’m not fond of sets either. 

Esteemed Contributor

I flipped over to the Carmindy show a couple times.  To me, it looked like all the models (and the hosts) had on too much glow-in-the-dark illuminator.   Ugh.  Looked like Halloween makeup.  I'm not interested in looking like that.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt