Trusted Contributor

Carmindy cosmetics - foundation

Has anyone here tried the foundation?  I like the idea that it is sheer and buildable as well as being waterproof.  

If you have tried it, in particular I'd like to know how the shades run.  For reference I wear medium tan in IT cosmetics.  I'm leaning toweard the medium tan offered here depending on how her shades skew. 

Thank you in advance everyone!

Honored Contributor

Re: Carmindy cosmetics - foundation

[ Edited ]

@fitfuninformed 

It seems from the reviews that this foundation is not a very good product.  If you are looking for full coverage take a look at Charlotte Tilbury's (change to Magic foundation) $44 at Nordstrom Rack.  For light coverage Bobbi Brown $40 fluid to powder foundation (this is the one I use to even out my complexion) but like I said it is light coverage but buildable.  Both products offer neutral, warm and cool undertones and there are many shades to choose from.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I haven’t tried the Carmindy foundation.  A happy surprise, however, has been Doll 10 Anti-stress Skin Perfector Foundation (don’t confuse with her Hydralux or Hydrogel). The Perfector foundation is easy to apply, is buildable, gives a nice finish, an lasts all day. Nice stuff.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Katcat1 wrote:

@fitfuninformed 

It seems from the reviews that this foundation is not a very good product.  If you are looking for full coverage take a look at Charlotte Tilbury's Airbrush Flawless $44 at Nordstrom Rack.  For light coverage Bobbi Brown $40 fluid to powder foundation (this is the one I use to even out my complexion) but like I said it is light coverage but buildable.  Both products offer neutral, warm and cool undertones and there are many shades to choose from.

@Katcat1   I've sampled both and BB's fluid to powder one is a hands down favorite. Charlotte Tilbury's is somewhat heavy and if not applied lightly, in layers with a damp sponge, can look cakey. The shade range, as usual with BB, is more natural looking. 

Trusted Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch   I also like Doll 10 Anti-Stress Skin Perfector Foudation.  I almost bought the hydrogel foundation the other night but didnt, Have you tried the Hydrogel and didnt like it??   I am now trying to decide if I want the new SKINN foundation/concealer.  I just got an email on it and it will be on HSN Beauty Report on Wednesday..

Honored Contributor

I have never tried this foundation. I love, love the Flower Beauty Get Real Serum foundation though.  The website says it is light but buildable coverage.  Not really sure it can be built up to a medium coverage because I've never tried.  I bought this on Black Friday when the Flower Beauty website was doing 40% off and free s/h.  It is definitely a fave.    

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus   You are right about the Airbrush Flawless.  I should have said the Magic foundation which is suppose to be weightless.  I love the BB fluid to powder but I never thought of it as powder at all.  I recently purchased a new brand thatis reasonably priced just to see if I like it which I will eventually discuss on Beauty Purchases.  BtW, Happy New Year!  We all need a good year of peace.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@MrsCat21 wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch   I also like Doll 10 Anti-Stress Skin Perfector Foudation.  I almost bought the hydrogel foundation the other night but didnt, Have you tried the Hydrogel and didnt like it??   I am now trying to decide if I want the new SKINN foundation/concealer.  I just got an email on it and it will be on HSN Beauty Report on Wednesday..

@MrsCat21  I tried the Hydrogel like 2 yrs ago or so.  I liked how it went on but it didn't last long at all.  I'll be watching the SKINN shows to see what the new foundation and concealer is all about.  

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1   Happy New Year to a fellow beauty lover.