Respected Contributor

Re: Carmindy Beauty Show with Amy

It's not too short, I've worn shorter than that...if you've got great legs then show them before you get too old.

Valued Contributor

That is not a dress.

Respected Contributor

Wow-  That is a crazy short jacket-dress!  It sure is distracting eyes from the item being sold. Yes, Amy can pull it off easily, but it’s out of season for that and inappropriate for a salesperson IMO.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Maybe an explanation for Amy's "new look": When you're tiny all your life, you're labeled "cute". By your mid-40's, it really gets old and you want to try to look more sophisticated and not labeled like you're still a teen. I've been there and looked a little out of my comfort zone, too. I got the "side eye" by many when I tried tighter outfits, low cut tops w/ the bit of cleavage I could manage or long earrings. It was all wrong for who I was and am. 

It took 6 months, all those outfits were in the donate basket and I've had the same tailored style since. Note to self: Once you find what makes you feel confident, that's your style. Stay with it. If it means cute, oh well. 😜

Honored Contributor

I saw this too and thought she better not sit down lol. I truly thought she forgot her pants Smiley Happy

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

I think it would be fine anywhere except hosting on QVC.  Just WHY?  It is the product people should be talking about....not Amy's legs and short dress.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I think it would be fine anywhere except hosting on QVC.  Just WHY?  It is the product people should be talking about....not Amy's legs and short dress.

@SeaMaiden   I can appreciate the muscular, nicely toned legs, though. 

Respected Contributor

JMO ~ She Forgot To Put Her Pants On!  Smiley Embarassed

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Trusted Contributor

Well, the black 'thing' Amy was wearing  wasn't even embelished in any way to be attractive....the only thing that stood out about it was that it was '''barely there''.  I'm surprised that Amy would wear something so un-classy.  When you look at her attire, you immediately say 'wow, Amy has a hot body and hardly has any clothes on' - rather than ''wow, look at that snazzy smoking jacket''....The focus was totally on her body rather than what she was wearing and apparently, she wanted it that way. I just wonder if anyone paid any attention to what she was selling with her guests.

Valued Contributor

I thought it was a robe