Honored Contributor

Re: Careprost users- Specifically Brows

A few weeks ago I placed an order at ADC for 6 bottles of Careprost and 6 tubes of tretinoin, all for under $100. They sell a combo pack of the Careprost with the tretinoin and it saves me money. They gave me free shipping because it was my b-day.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

A few weeks ago I placed an order at ADC for 6 bottles of Careprost and 6 tubes of tretinoin, all for under $100. They sell a combo pack of the Careprost with the tretinoin and it saves me money. They gave me free shipping because it was my b-day.

I saw the combo pack, but I thought it said it addressed acne not wrinkles.  Regardless, I have decided to forego Retin-A for now.  Not sure I really need it and I would have trouble waiting between washing and application and then my serum/cream.  

Honored Contributor

Tretinoin (Retin-A) is a drug used for both acne and also as an anti-aging topical. It was originally formulated to treat acne and the side effects were seen as younger looking skin.

@Icegoddess 

Honored Contributor

Yeah, I just got is confused with Adapalene.  I just remembered a conversation awhile back about the difference between Differin and Tretinoin after some "expert" on TV was claiming that Differin had the exact same drug.

Honored Contributor

Retin-A and Differin are similar but the major difference between those two is that Differin does not have the ability to go deep inside the skin to reach specific retinoid receptors (there are 3) where collagen begins. Differin is made to work on the surface. Tretinoin reacts with all 3 retinoid receptors, not just 2 as seen with Differin. 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee 

Happy Birthday! 🎂⭐️💋💗💄💃🏼🎈

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Thank you so much! @LTT1