Honored Contributor

@Lali1 wrote:

She's a beautiful woman. And of course her youthfulness and beauty is not coming from one product. But should they use and old wrinkled haggard woman to push their product? 

As of today's date, my face has lived through major eye surgery, the loss of 110+ pounds, 3+ weeks of Covid, and the joys and sorrows of 76+ years of a massive emotional mess of the joys and sorrows of life.

I am NOT "a beautiful woman" and never was. 

But specifically in answer to your question, @Lali1, YES, I'd LOVE TO SEE A WRINKLED HAGGARD WOMAN used "to push their product", because THAT WOMAN would look one heck of a lot more like ME than Candace does.

I wash my face in the shower, with whatever bar soap happens to be in there with me. If I could do something (ANYTHING) with topicals, I might give it a shot. But NOT because I'd think I'd look like anyone except wrinkled, haggard old me.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus   How true.  The expensive brands have to put more money in marketing to sell their "stuff."  I use an light exfoliator by alba Botanica and it is wonderful.  What is funny to me is my mother did not know anything about exfoliation and she had beautiful skin.  98% of it is in the genes, that is, beautiful skin.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

You can find those razor type things posted in here anywhere.  I've seen them in Walgreens, Walmart, Target, etc.  I've bought them on Amazon. 

I also have that Forever Flawless battery operated shaver with the round head but to be honest, it's not a favorite.  I don't find it gets close enough or does a good enough job.  I prefer the cheapy razor type product. 

You can also just use a regular razor like men use.  

Respected Contributor

@violann wrote:

@Lali1 wrote:

She's a beautiful woman. And of course her youthfulness and beauty is not coming from one product. But should they use and old wrinkled haggard woman to push their product? 

As of today's date, my face has lived through major eye surgery, the loss of 110+ pounds, 3+ weeks of Covid, and the joys and sorrows of 76+ years of a massive emotional mess of the joys and sorrows of life.

I am NOT "a beautiful woman" and never was. 

But specifically in answer to your question, @Lali1, YES, I'd LOVE TO SEE A WRINKLED HAGGARD WOMAN used "to push their product", because THAT WOMAN would look one heck of a lot more like ME than Candace does.

I wash my face in the shower, with whatever bar soap happens to be in there with me. If I could do something (ANYTHING) with topicals, I might give it a shot. But NOT because I'd think I'd look like anyone except wrinkled, haggard old me.

But then people would not buy the product. It's a fact. A little like showing out of shape people selling exercise equipment. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Candace Cameron

[ Edited ]

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Shanus   How true.  The expensive brands have to put more money in marketing to sell their "stuff."  I use an light exfoliator by alba Botanica and it is wonderful.  What is funny to me is my mother did not know anything about exfoliation and she had beautiful skin.  98% of it is in the genes, that is, beautiful skin.

@Katcat1   Some % is genes, if you don't take care of your skin, it doesn't matter if you came into the world with inherited good skin or not, right?

My Mom had awful cystic acne and scarring into adulthood. No good genes there for me. Mine came from from my Dad's sister who had porcelain, unblemished skin and I always admired it. From an early age, I became intersted in skincare and wanted to keep my complexion like hers. I noticed she always wore a hat when exposed to the sun (no spf back then). She gently cleansed her face morning and night and applied moisturizer, wore very little makeup and really did not need it. That was always my goal...perfect my skin enough to not need to cover it up. 

Light exfoliaton is necessary, but the Lancer harsh system of exfoliating once a day gives a glow because you've rubbed off/damaged the surface of your skin...like an acid peel. No derm I know would suggest daily exfoliation, even a gentle chemical one (on a pad) much less physical scrubbing with granules. 

If hair is squeaky clean, same idea. It's stripped of the natural oils it needs. Your face shouldn't be so "polished" it shines. 

Esteemed Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@MariotaMurielle 

Oh, I'm sorry, but I don't recall the brand name.  In fact mine is not exactly like this one.  Mine don't have the head that swivels down.  They came in a three pack from WM.   I found these on my WM site.  Mine is a "Flawless" brand

Here are the folding ones on Amazon

Here they are on Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/Finishing-Touch-Flawless-DermaPlane-Exfoliator/dp/B078WVJRML/ref=sr_1_14?dchi...

Mine is the larger head.  Hope this helps

@monicakm, thank you. I bought some of those Tinkle brand trimmers from Amazon, then I started reading the reviews. I saw several reviews saying that some Amazon vendors were selling fakes. I then went to the Dorco website and it said they actually don't sell their products on Amazon and had information about how to know if you've bought a fake. sure enough, mine were not the genuine Dorco Tinkle product. I was refunded and lesson learned .

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Katcat1   Some % is genes, if you don't take care of your skin, it doesn't matter if you came into the world with inherited good skin or not, right?

My Mom had awful cystic acne and scarring into adulthood. No good genes there for me. Mine came from from my Dad's sister who had porcelain, unblemished skin and I always admired it. From an early age, I became intersted in skincare and wanted to keep my complexion like hers. I noticed she always wore a hat when exposed to the sun (no spf back then). She gently cleansed her face morning and night and applied moisturizer, wore very little makeup and really did not need it. That was always my goal...perfect my skin enough to not need to cover it up. 

Light exfoliaton is necessary, but the Lancer harsh system of exfoliating once a day gives a glow because you've rubbed off/damaged the surface of your skin...like an acid peel. No derm I know would suggest daily exfoliation, even a gentle chemical one (on a pad) much less physical scrubbing with granules. 

If hair is squeaky clean, same idea. It's stripped of the natural oils it needs. Your face shouldn't be so "polished" it shines. 

Rodan & Fields has a similar type of cleansing system.  With the system I bought, the cleanser had granules in it.  They give you a schedule to follow to ease into using this cleanser morning and night.  I could never use it like that.  My skin was so dried out, especially on my chin area, it was painful.

However, there are a lot of those chemical exfoliating pads that are sold to be used daily by dermatologists and plastic surgeons. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Candace Cameron

[ Edited ]

@Lipstickdiva   I agree. I have and use PTR's and Dr. Dennis Gross's peel pads, but never more than twice a week. I also use Vit. C serum and my retin A at night is also an exfiliator.

QVC Customer Care