Frequent Contributor
Has this happened to anyone else? Order something around midnight & the next day decide you really don't want it. It says in "in process" can't cancel. But 5 days later still in process & has not shipped? This is so annoying!
Respected Contributor

@mamawsboys wrote:
Has this happened to anyone else? Order something around midnight & the next day decide you really don't want it. It says in "in process" can't cancel. But 5 days later still in process & has not shipped? This is so annoying!

Yes, all the time. So frustrating. 

Honored Contributor

Yes, it's happened to me.  I don't think it's just on beauty products either. 

I think this happens when the item is being shipped from a vendor's warehouse to the customer, rather than from a QVC warehouse.  Essentially, you place your order and then QVC forwards the order to the vendor.  Once it's in the pipeline you can't change your mind.  The bad thing is that there's no way of knowing which system is used from product to product.

Honored Contributor

@mamawsboys.   Minutes after you place an order, it becomes set in stone and cannot be cancelled or edited.  Be sure you want it before you order it.  Neither the mods or CS can cancel it either.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Re: Canceling a order?

[ Edited ]

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

Yes, it's happened to me.  I don't think it's just on beauty products either. 

I think this happens when the item is being shipped from a vendor's warehouse to the customer, rather than from a QVC warehouse.  Essentially, you place your order and then QVC forwards the order to the vendor.  Once it's in the pipeline you can't change your mind.  The bad thing is that there's no way of knowing which system is used from product to product.

@JeanLouiseFinch.  This used to be the case but now no order can be cancelled except for a very brief time (minutes) after being placed.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mamawsboys wrote:

@mamawsboys .. yes, it definitely happens.   Try calling customer service.  If they won't cancel it for you refuse the package when it is delivered.  That way  you won't be charged tor the return shipment.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

YES this has happened to me too. I like Evine because I have called the next day and can still cancel. The Shopping Networks should ALL allow this!

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Occasional Contributor

I believe they have adapted to HSN's way of being able to cancel an item only before midnight on the day you purchase it.  After that, you cannot cancel.  That is how HSN has worked and now it seems the Q is as well.

Honored Contributor

@lucybelle2 wrote:

I believe they have adapted to HSN's way of being able to cancel an item only before midnight on the day you purchase it.  After that, you cannot cancel.  That is how HSN has worked and now it seems the Q is as well.

That is not quite correct.

There is NO time frame guaranteeing you the right to cancel.

Others have tried to cancel w/in hours of placing the order and can not.

And yes, it can still sit in processing for days.

Be SURE you want it!

I don't think it is right to refuse it or put a false claim of receiving the wrong item to get out of paying return shipping for something you actually DID order.