Esteemed Contributor

Re: Can you recommend a foot peel?

Absolutely the best peel ever is to put your foot in a cast for six weeks.  That stuff comes off in sheets of layers.  And leaves your skin too tender.

I am still grossed out.

Respected Contributor

I remember Kathy Lee Gifford saying she uses Baby Foot Peel.  Target sells it.  I've always wanted to try one.  Maybe this year I will.  I haven't gotten a pedicure in over a year.

Respected Contributor

i have some tough callouses on my right heel. tried the peel booties but they just left some ugly flakes on my feet.   i use Flexitol Heel balm.  About $10 at CVS.  use a plastic glove to coat the balm around heel and cover with a thin plastic bag (the ones you use when you buy veggies) and leave on overnite. do this 3x week getting ready for sandal weather. this won't create a peel... it seems to dissolve the hard callous.

don't knock the cheese grater files. TJs  sells a pedi kit for about $5. i use the grater file before my overnite heel treatment. works so much better than the roller pedi tools. ther's a smoothing file and a small one for toes.

the nail salons here charge $10 extra to treat callouses.

Honored Contributor

Don't use this product.  Got this here at the Q around Christmas.  Whish Foot Mask did nothing for my feet.  I should have returned, but didn't.

Whish Set of 3 Coconut Milk Exfoliating Foot Ma - A391991

Regular Contributor

I started several years ago with trying Baby Feet.  But it's stopped doing much so I now use Patchology.  I think they make one where you can target the peeling.  Hopefully I'll be out and about a little more this summer so I need to buy one.  It's such a mess in bedding but I love how my feet feel at the end

Esteemed Contributor

@San Antonio Gal  I have to disagree about Whish Coconut Milk Exfoliating Foot Mask.  I found the product to be excellent.  I have purchased the set of three from QVC more than once and the way I jump around with beauty products, a repeat purchase is high praise from me.  

Respected Contributor

@moonandthestars Try the tried and true Vicks Vapo Rub on your feet and put on some socks to sleep in.  When you wake up, get in the shower and step out with baby soft feet.  You can also use a vinegar and Listerine mouthwash soak for sore feet......

Respected Contributor

@San Antonio Gal   I bought that too and really did not like it either.  Also forgot to return it in time, so it's like we're twins.  A lot of people do seem to love the mask, based on reviews I've seen.  Definitely a miss for me tho (and you too).

Respected Contributor

@HangingTen   Patchology - that's interesting.  I'll have to check that out  Are you saying they have a new one out? And if you can target where, then I'm assuming it's not a bootie?

Respected Contributor

@Boomernichols   I'll look into that.  Will it do anything for callouses and thicker areas?  Or is it mainly just for moisturizing?  I definitely hesitate because I hate the smell - might keep me up at night!!   If it will work though it would be worth it.