Respected Contributor

Re: Can you recommend a foot peel?

@Mary Bailey   what makes flawless pedi different from the other motorized gadgets that you tried? 

and just to make sure, it's the finishing touch brand flawless pedi you're referring to?

Respected Contributor

Thanks @amyb !    Hopefully, we'll both find the right help for our feet soon.   

Ideally for me - for my superdry, etc. feet I will get the perfect peel and then I can follow up with all the other good suggestions we find here - for maintenance, prevention, and perfecting and to deal with what a good, effective peel may have not completely taken care of.

So you would not recommend the plantifique?  or you're just not sure if that was the good one or the useless one?

I thought found some promsing other peels on amazon - lots of 5 star reviews, but then when I go to read them, the reviews are really about another product that the seller sells. Very unfair!  I'll go back to browsing later. (so time consuming!)

Trusted Contributor

I use Lova Skin and it's great.  It comes with a foot peeling spray and a file.  It really works well.  I originally saw it recommended on Tammy's Ageless Beauty YouTube channel.  It's a little pricey but it's worth it.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@moonandthestars Sorry to admit I'm not 100% sure which worked, which doesn't help you, however I truly believe it was the first of the two Plantifique packs...

Because as I recall...when I bought my first one (not the Plantifique) my results weren't as good as a friend of mine had had. But I believe it was my second try of a foot peel, with the Plantifique, that I was all excited with how well it worked. Then confused by the second pack not working as well. That's how it went as I can recall.

All that said...I just went on Amazon and Baby Feet has over 34k reviews with an average of almost 5 star. The woman who's first review with pics comes up gave about 5 suggested helpful tips for success that worked for her in how she used them and followed up. Worth a read.  So...for me...I think I'd try Baby Feet before trying my Plantifique again.

Hope that helps! 

Oh ps....I agree with you...what I always liked to do was do a peel over the winter, then use toolls, exfoliator wands, creams just to maintain afterward. I've had great spa treatments that did the trick, but I'm just not going to nail salons now.

Esteemed Contributor

Finishing Touch

@moonandthestars wrote:

@Mary Bailey   what makes flawless pedi different from the other motorized gadgets that you tried? 

and just to make sure, it's the finishing touch brand flawless pedi you're referring to?

The stone moves fast even on low.  I didn't even try the high speed. It's chargeable, not batteries like my previous gadgets..

With other gadgets I wasn't impressed with the first use. I kept thinking it might work better the next time. It never was.

yes Finishing Touch Flawless Pedi

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh I found a new listing...my first one, just fyi was HODAF Foot Mask, Lavender.

It did work, but by the time I did my second one, with other brand, I was most impressed with that one, as more peeled off.

Only my last try with a foot peel, which would have been the Plantifique, disappointed me enough for me to think of trying something else next.

They ALL, "Baby Feet", Plantifique, and MODAF, seem to have similar Amazon ratings so ... 🤷‍♀️

LOL...ok, so by now you are either more confused and everyone is rolling their eyes with my trying to break this down...so I'll leave it there and wish us all Good Luck on this never-ending quest for the perfect foot treatment! 😄

Interesting suggestions here. So many treatments out there...still it seems women are always searchingj for one that really works!

Esteemed Contributor

Listerine & White Vinegar Foot Soak

SUBSCRIBE

GO

Are There Any Benefits to Soaking Your Feet in Listerine?
Medically reviewed by Debra Rose Wilson, Ph.D., MSN, R.N., IBCLC, AHN-BC, CHT  Written by Kristeen Cherney  Updated on September 1, 2017

Listerine for feet?

A Listerine foot soak is a type of at-home foot bath. It’s primarily used to treat athlete’s foot and onychomycosis (toenail fungus). People also use Listerine on their feet to help remove dead skin.

Listerine, which is normally used to help prevent cavities and gingivitis, has numerous active ingredients. When it comes to feet, this type of wash isn’t used to combat odor, but rather for the antifungal properties found in menthol and thymol.

Can Listerine treat cracked heels? »

How it works

Below are step-by-step instructions for performing a Listerine foot soak:

• Find a tub that fits the length and depth of your feet. While a foot spa works well, any deep tub can work.
  • Fill the tub with Listerine along with two parts of warm water. You will need enough to cover your entire feet.
  • Instead of water, you can also mix in equal portions of white vinegar. This type of vinegar is thought to get rid of fungus because of its high levels of acidity.
  • Place feet in the solution for 45 to 60 minutes at a time.
  • Use a Listerine foot soak every day until fungus clears up. You may also consider using the soak occasionally as a preventive measure.

If you’re running short on time, you may also apply Listerine with a cotton ball to your feet twice daily.

The key to using Listerine for fungus is patience. Just as with prescription antifungal treatments, it can take a few months for the fungus to completely go away. However, you may start seeing noticeable improvements right away.

Respected Contributor

I used Baby Feet/Foot once and never again.  I lost many layers of skin, my feet were so raw I could barely walk.

I stick with hand files every few days and slather my feet with Vicks every few weeks.

I did professional pedicures every other week for years but since Covid have been doing my own.  I do not know that I will ever return to the professional.

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@SilleeMee   Now this sounds like something that would work.  Thanks for posting.

@SilleeMee    wrote:

You can use facial glycolic acid peels on your feet. Use glycolic acid lotion on your feet regularly to keep them soft and exfoliated. I like to use Alpha Skin Care's 12% GA lotion on my feet.

@Katcat1 

The active ingredients in Baby Foot peels are AHAs (glycolic and lactic acids).

Respected Contributor

Ive had the Emjoi exfoliator for years now. I buy replacement rollers in heavy and fine style. Thee rollers are like a file, eventually they wear away.  Best thing I ever bought for my dry heels and big toe callus. I then use Josie Maran body butter on my feet. I have very sensitive feet nerves so I cannot let my pedacurist scrub or scrape or pumice my feet.

One time a pedicurist literally whipped out a cheese grater! I could not exclaim  "no please!" louder or fast enough. Needless to say that salon no longer exists.