Honored Contributor

Re: Can you please suggest a makeup kit for mature ladies?

@Misplaced Parisian  I have my black jumpsuit and gloves ready to go and everything.  We Sicilians come prepared for this line of work.  Smiley WinkSmiley Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

@Laura14 

If you have a chance please visit Emilynoel's YT channel she uploaded a review on ITS Holiday Book: she gives wonderful reviews. Keep in mind that she is in her thirties early possible? Scroll through the comments Rxmom sp? Not sure...

I have her name spelled right, anyway she mentions the blush grabbing on her 70's skin, then goes onto saying oh, Emily to have your skin again. Mind you! She is very attractive and has quite a following herself on YT, the truth is age matters when speaking about makeup, texture changes, as well other variables.

Hi @Sweet_Serenity hope you are well!

What came to mind as I read your post and the 70 year old reviewers' comment is to...use the correct brush, tap it before applying to rid excess and wait a bit for our moisturizer to absorb so we can get smooth even coverage without any slip or frustrating color grab. Avoiding any or all of these can result in a clownish look we obviously don't want. This can be an issue I experience when in a hurry. Sometimes we forget how big a difference time and proper tools can make.

I like Emily Noel and in spite of probably a 30 year age difference, find I can incorporate much of what she shares somewhere in my repetoire. She's fresh, fun, honest and thorough. I do watch some of the "mature" utubers too

Honored Contributor

Just watched Emily and she gave a fantastic review.  I did not know these people existed!  Youtube is so much more to me now. 

I am such a reader I had no idea people would film themselves using products instead of writing a review.  I am so behind the times.

I am off to lunch and see if maybe I can sneak a peek at home but I think she's getting the IT book as part of her birthday.  It seems to tick the most boxes.

Again, much Heart to all of you for the help.  I usually never visit over here and I am so glad I did.  You guys are wonderful!  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Laura14

You are so welcome! I have last year's Holiday Box and picked up the new one too. I'm looking forward to receiving it. Perhaps a make up lesson or make over using this kit, as suggested up thread, would be fun for your Mom too. Of course there's all the utube videos that will be available if that's not her cup of tea. You made a great choice though and I'm sure she'll be pleased.

Please share your thoughts after you get to watch Emily Noel's review. I'm interested to hear your impression. ♡♡♡

Trusted Contributor

@Laura14 LOVE it.  Now I know whom to call when I need some "assistance"!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@rochelleS  I thought she did a really good overview.  Although I kind of like starting totally from scratch but I get time and personal taste is different and it's her show.  

I had to laugh about the Walmart thing.  I am hooked on those pants too.  Just discovered them. I thought she went off topic a bit too much after that but she's fun and I guess you need to say something while you're putting a face on.  

I thought she explained the palette quite well.  I must have missed the 2017 version so I didn't really have a reference as to what she was referring to but she did a great overview.

She did say more of the shadows were shimmery than not.   But they blended well so I am not going to sweat it anymore.  Since the Q sells it, I can take EZ Pay and send it back if she thinks she won't ever wear most of it.  

I think the colors are more to what she picks out and wears so shimmer or not, I think she'll try and make it work if she can.  

Honored Contributor

@rochelleS 

Hope my comment didn't come off sounding like I didn't care for Emily's reviews. Totally the opposite, she's delightful, honest, and most importantly wonderful woman, mother and wife as well successful business entrepreneur.  

Fact is, There is a huge difference between 30's and 60's, 70's and beyond.

No matter the care taken with tools and applications age matters. I know what works for me and because of this saves money, frustration, and time.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Laura14

Glad you enjoyed Emily Noel's review. She did hold up last year's HB, it's silver colored and shared "pages" noting and comparing the differences. You also can search her channel or utube in general for the 2017 IT Cosmetics Holiday Book for the complete review of that. Plus there's going to be many more 2018 reviews popping up, if they're not already loaded on utube. I haven't checked yet. Utube can be a blast. Everything,  truly everything is available for your viewing pleasure. It can be overwhelming but lots of fun and informative. 

There's no Walmart near me so I'm always in the dark when people chat up their favs. Oh well.

You and Mom are just going to be so pleased with this birthday gift. You are a kind and thoughtful daughter. 

Honored Contributor

Thank you @rochelleS.  I just got my brand new tv today and it's one of these "smart" ones.  You guys have no idea what you've turned me onto.  Perfect timing.  I appreciate it!

Frequent Contributor

I just recieved the It Cosmetic Beauty book. I couldn't wait to open it! Very nice packaging & colors any age can wear. Great compact, everything you need is in this book.