Honored Contributor

Re: Can you please suggest a makeup kit for mature ladies?

@Laura14 wrote:

Thanks @Sweet_Serenity!  Heart

My pleasure! Found one of her videos for mature women. She's working on a lovely lady scroll down list of videos, she's always about natural fresh look.

Respected Contributor

@Laura14 I am 63, and don't mind a teeny bit of shimmer in my eyeshadows, but if you think your mom would prefer all matte shadows, Tarte has a Tartlette Amazon Clay Nude Matte palette that I just love! It has 12 shades from palest ivory to deepest black...and they're all pretty neutral.

It's not a "whole face" kit, but it's lovely!

Respected Contributor

The new IT Cosmetics Holiday "book" 

A343849

A really nice gift!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Valued Contributor

@Laura14

Hi I agree with @Sweet_Serenity I am 55 with silver hair and have gone to Youtube many times to watch videos . I think if you can , a nice treat would be to take your mom to a department store for a makeup lesson . Many are free or have a minimal purchase especially at this time of the year lines like Bobbie Brown ,Lancome, Trish Mcevoy have good selections for older women . She can see what she likes and a little pampering is always nice . I had a lesson last year, I use only cruelty free brands and it was great to see what works and what doesn't

have a great day

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 

Do you know if your Mother has sensitive skin especially the eye area? The reason why I ask, used to love Tarte eyeshadow, in fact owned the matte version  above mentioned, caused me severe allergic reactions, if she does look for talc free and unscented brands, plus stay away from bismuth. 

Honored Contributor

@marmarbrooklyn wrote:

@Laura14

Hi I agree with @Sweet_Serenity I am 55 with silver hair and have gone to Youtube many times to watch videos . I think if you can , a nice treat would be to take your mom to a department store for a makeup lesson . Many are free or have a minimal purchase especially at this time of the year lines like Bobbie Brown ,Lancome, Trish Mcevoy have good selections for older women . She can see what she likes and a little pampering is always nice . I had a lesson last year, I use only cruelty free brands and it was great to see what works and what doesn't

have a great day

Wonderful suggestions!! Your right, Lisa while demonstrating on this beautiful mature woman with long silver hair speaks on not using warm eye colors. 

Love!! The way she did her makeup, beautiful and enhanced her natural beauty.

Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity  That I don't know.  I know the kids use Tarte all the time but I don't know that she has ever tried it.  Thanks for the warning!

@Jacie  That is at the top of my list right now.  I like IT and I know she likes their brow power.  Not sure she has tried their makeup line though.  I was a little disappointed they threw all the foundations in one kit so you automatically waste two slots  although I get why they did it, but I could get over that part I guess.  I know not everything is going to be liked in a kit like this.

Super Contributor

Try the Too Faced Natural Matte eyeshadow palette. Beautiful colors and comes with a little picture instructions booklet to guide her. Be sure to get their eyeshadow primer to go with it. 

Honored Contributor

A343853 hasn't arrived yet, researched on YT and watched the presentation. 

The Holiday book is nice if someone can utilize majority of contents. 

Honored Contributor

@Mermaid22  I was looking at that one too.  Very nice!

@Sweet_Serenity  You are a wonderful advisor.  Thanks again!