Esteemed Contributor

Re: Can you please suggest a makeup kit for mature ladies?

@Sweet_Serenity

Oh, no not at all! My reply was solely based on some of the trials and tribulations I've personally experienced or learned over the years. Which, like you mentioned have also saved me time, money and frustration too. I am always interested in learning, whether it results in a purchase or most likely not, I do enjoy what so many have to share. ♡♡♡

Honored Contributor

@rochelleS 

Same here! It's fun and useful learning from others, in the end my routine is fast only because 1. Don't have patience 2. Keep it simple 3. Quality products.

Enjoyed! Chatting with you  Heart

Respected Contributor

Tarte Tartieist Pro Palette (on sale at Macy's for only $24)

Screen Shot 2018-11-15 at 2.16.25 PM.png

I know this is not a whole kit. But the price is really good. And the shadows are mostly matte.

Respected Contributor

Again, it is not a makeup kit. But a terrific price from Macy's (on sale for $25)

Screen Shot 2018-11-15 at 2.32.37 PM.png

Honored Contributor

@momoftwo2007  Smiley Very Happy  You must be stalking me!  I have been looking at Macys all day too.   That Tarte palette was one of the things I put in my cart.  I have been going back and forth with a nice kit or different sets for each area.  

Unfortunately, she was home when I went home for lunch.  I just need one sneak peek to see what she's got and the colors she's about now and maybe what kind of makeup she currently has and then have credit card will buy.  

Honored Contributor

My iT Beauty book showed up today.  It's exactly as expected.  Looks like 3 or 4 of the shadows have a bit of shimmer in them.  I'm 60 and I'll wear them no problem.  I think it's just a personal thing. 

Honored Contributor

Do you know I just snuck a peek and she's got one small eyeshadow palette of copper, gold, and brown shimmers?  I should have known go opposite of myself, stay brown toned, and I'd be good.    

Esteemed Contributor

@Laura14, you're a very sweet daughter, and I'm sure your mother will be thrilled with her gifts. You've had some great advice and recommendations here!

Super Contributor

The It Cosmetics It Girl Beauty Book Special Edition is fantastic. I am in my late 50'sw and love it so much. Take the look at it and the great reviews. You cannot go wrong. Also I think It Cosmetics CC cream and or the Powder is amazing for all ages of skin to go with this. This is a must have for flawless skin!

Honored Contributor

@momoftwo2007 wrote:

Tarte Tartieist Pro Palette (on sale at Macy's for only $24)

Screen Shot 2018-11-15 at 2.16.25 PM.png

I know this is not a whole kit. But the price is really good. And the shadows are mostly matte.

@momoftwo2007, pretty.  What is the difference between the square eyeshadows and the round ones?