Respected Contributor

Re: Can you lovely Wen experts rec a formula for me?

Are you using the styling creme? If not, I recommend it. It really helps to lock the moisture into the hair. Tea tree would be my recommendation for cleansing conditioner. It really helps to stimulate the scalp for healthy hair growth.
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Super Contributor

First, I'm sorry you're having hair issues, but welcome back to Wen!

Regarding the hair loss, if you take any medication, I would Google the name and add "hair loss" to the search. When my pharmacists & NPs all swore my hair loss wasn't drug related I did this and found that one of my new meds could cause hair loss. I called and asked that the med be changed and that solved the problem. When I saw my doc he said that it was a very rare side effect that he had never seen.......until now.

Regarding your Wen formula, I would either call or email according to his website for direct info. If not I would TT your scalp (and take Biotin), but definitely Re-Moist your end 1/3rd with another formula. I find that his 613 is great for strengthening, but can leave my hair pretty dry.

Good luck!!

Regular Contributor

On 8/18/2014 mimahirn said: Ty! I can't do the scent of fig. Smiley Sad I do use a combo of oils on my ends, but I still need more moisture... I have sort of ethnic, curly, dry dry processed hair.

If you can't do Fig, then I recommend 613.

Honored Contributor

On 8/18/2014 jaxs mom said:

Coconut oil works better for moisture on the ends than the Wen oils IME. I used to use the Wen oils on my length, I reserve them for my scalp now where they do the most good.

I agree, coconut oil works much better for my hair than the wen oils.

I'd leave it on overnight and cleanse out in the AM. Works amazingly well!

I'd avoid 615 on a regular basis since it is protein rich which may cause more dryness and frizzies. Unless your hair actually needs protein and not moisture?

Respected Contributor

On 8/18/2014 jaxs mom said:

Coconut oil works better for moisture on the ends than the Wen oils IME. I used to use the Wen oils on my length, I reserve them for my scalp now where they do the most good.

Yes, Chaz says oils for scalp and re moist for added moisture in hair. Something like that.

Occasional Contributor

Wow, thank you everyone for the thoughtful and insightful replies.... It's like developing a recipe, trying to find that "perfect hair" combo... I will try the coconut oil on ends, keep the TT oil for my scalp, try the TT CC on my roots, and try the SHP on the length. I also do use the styling cream, or the Living Proof styling cream, which is very nice also. Ty everyone!
Contributor

I <3 Bamboo Green Tea. It seems to keep my ends hydrated without weighing my hair down. Also, I have had great luck with all seasonals so far except for Winter Cranberry Mint.