Occasional Contributor

Can you get silky smooth legs using the Emjoi eRase?

I think I am going to keep mine because the hair has definitely grown back slower and thinner than when I was shaving. But I have to ask...Will I ever have baby smooth calves from using this device like I get from a razor?

You could call me a newbie since my previous Emjoi epilator/razor combo only had 21 tweezers and it was simply too painful and slow to use if on my calves. I've only used this new model twice so far. The first time I was eager to start and didn't shower first. My hair was longer and there was lots of it, so there was a lot of pinching, but it got nearly all of the hairs in about 20 minutes. By the second time I had read the instructions and I soaked my legs in hot water first and used a loofah to try to free the all of the ingrowns (apparently caused by my first epilation). This time it took forever going over and over the same spots. Seriously, I was probably at it for 45 minutes and I was only doing my lower legs. I finally broke down and took tweezers to the hairs that just wouldn't come out and today it looks like a chicken danced all over my legs. What I am most concerned about is that when I was finished each time I had what felt like 2nd day razor stubble.

Any tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated!

Occasional Contributor

Re: Can you get silky smooth legs using the Emjoi eRase?

Really? No one knows if an epilator can get your legs as smooth as shaving?? OK.

Occasional Contributor

I've epilator for years and yes, you can get smooth silky legs, exactly as if you have shaved. Just be patient and consistent. I just purchased the epilator you did, as my old one finally bit the dust after years of wonderful service.....my legs have been silky smooth since the first few times I used my first epilator. You just have to remember to use it regularly and you will be finding that you will be epilating less and less as time goes on. Now I hardly have to epilator but once a month touch up on my legs in the summer and much less in the winter....... Good luck!
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for taking the time to reply psr! I'll keep at it as you've recommended.