Honored Contributor

Re: Can you believe that Evine let Dimitri leave ????

@MW in Iowa wrote:

I didn't know , has she left or is leaving. ? Do you think they could ever entice Lisa robertson to go to Evine. ?

@MW in Iowa I just learned about Allison Waggoner’s departure the other day.   I had no idea she had gone.  She seemed like a bit of an airhead sometimes but I still liked her because she could be fun too.  I have to say, with Melissa Miner and Dimitri having such a long and close friendship, I wonder about her future.  

As for Lisa Robertson, IMO, Evine is too small potatoes for that ego.  

Honored Contributor

@catter70 wrote:

@MW in Iowa, where did you see that Dimitri is leaving Evine? I didn't see anything on HSN's site. I was wondering, though, how it would all pan out with SSC moving to Evine.

@catter70  It was on Skinn’s Facebook page, that he’s starting there in March.  Oddly, he’s still listed as having shows on Evine in January.  If you go to the HSN site and do a search on Skinn, you’ll see an announcement.  

Regular Contributor

I wonder if Evine will have goodbye shows for Skinn...similar to what they did with Beekman. I guess we will find out when he is back for January shows.

Honored Contributor

@MW in Iowa

I’m pretty sure it was Dimitri’s decision to leave. It has been clear for as long as I can remember that he was not in agreement with the way Evine handled  his products - pricing, shipping, marketing. I’m surprised he stayed as long as he did. They are a smaller company and it appears they are not as flexible as others.

I’m happy & excited to see him going back to HSN, although the new owner may put a bit of a damper on things.

Honored Contributor

@EllieMuncaster wrote:

I wonder if Evine will have goodbye shows for Skinn...similar to what they did with Beekman. I guess we will find out when he is back for January shows.

Yes, @EllieMuncaster, the January shows will be blowouts like they did with the Beekman Boys.  This was just conveyed to me by a CS rep at Evine.  

Respected Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

@MW in Iowa

I’m pretty sure it was Dimitri’s decision to leave. It has been clear for as long as I can remember that he was not in agreement with the way Evine handled  his products - pricing, shipping, marketing. I’m surprised he stayed as long as he did. They are a smaller company and it appears they are not as flexible as others.

I’m happy & excited to see him going back to HSN, although the new owner may put a bit of a damper on things.

He supposedly does the manufacturing for big name brands.  I don't think that his company is small.  

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@willdob3 wrote:

@MW in Iowa

He supposedly does the manufacturing for big name brands.  I don't think that his company is small.  

@mom2four0418

I was referring to Evine being a smaller company than HSN. They don’t have the same options available to them and can’t compete as well. I can’t imagine anyone preferring to sell at Evine over HSN. 

Respected Contributor

Are SKINN products that good?  I never tried them but I am always looking for good skincare!

Honored Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

In the past it was unusual to see vendors, or even hosts for that matter, change shopping channels.  Now it seems to be the norm.  Who can keep track???

@kaydee50   it has gotten to be as bad as pro football with everyone changing teams, becoming free agents, holding out for more money, getting dropped, signing with a new team.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Frequent Contributor

@stellabystarlight I like Skinn products, some that are staples for me are the hand masks, hand lotion, feet scrub, heal balm, facial scrub (it's pretty menthol-ee which some may not like), make up remover cloths (IT Cosmetics cloths come in a close 2nd for me) and lip 6x balm to name a few. I have a leg spray that smells like menthol, at night if I wake up with bad leg cramps I spray it on my calves, massage it in, it gives me relief that I can fall back to sleep.  He also has a purple sleep mask that I LOVE, it is so soft and it doesn't bother me to have it on and I fall to sleep easier. One thing, his products can be pricey if they aren't on special but when they are you get really good deals.