Trusted Contributor

Can we talk about Facial Mask, and Facial Peels, and exfoliation.....

What are you using now.... and how is it working for your skin ?

So many mask and new peels etc. are available now, I'm just finishing up KS exfoilikate and need to find a new product to replace it...and Korres Wild Rose overnight mask, and needing to replace that as well.... I also use the Mia for cleaning skin several times a week, and I have skin that is on the dry side with Pores in my t-zone !!

I've been looking at Belif products, and at PTR's mask...

I'm looking for something to clean my pores out well and I would love a mask to sleep in overnight to plump and hydrate.

What is working well for you now ??

Thx, deja vu

~love hard~~play hard~~be kind~~~life is short~
Valued Contributor

Re: Can we talk about Facial Mask, and Facial Peels, and exfoliation.....

For the past several weeks, I have been using Peter Thomas Roth's new gold mask.  It is very easy to use and I like the freshness it gives my skin.  I use it two/three times a week.

Nice product.

Respected Contributor

I like Makeup Artists Choice peels and masks. The lactic acid peel works well for dry skin. 

Trusted Contributor

Currently I have been using the Nuance Salma Hayek Wild Lime Exfoliating Facial Gel.  You put it on damp skin, leave about 10 minutes, then wash off.  I like to use this before putting on my makeup (although it could be used before bed) as my makeup goes on and looks so good afterwards.  This is sold at CVS and is reasonably priced.

Valued Contributor

I really like my Kiehl's Rare Earth Deep Pore Cleansing Mask. Apply to clean, damp skin. Leave on for 10 min.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for the products you listed...I'll look up a few of them !

Super Contributor

I also like the Selma Hayek Wild Lime peel. I do thhe peel for 10 minutes or so, then follow with her white clay mask for a super little spa treatment at home. 

I have a drawer full of masks. I love the Dr. Haushcha masks for moisture, and have a big old vat of Isomers moisture mask. 

this summer though is all about clay masks  and peels to get rid of the sweat and sunblock. 

also like -Philosphy peel- once a week and Ole's Hendricksons lemon peel. 

l

Honored Contributor

I have several go-to Masks: Origins Out of Trouble, Origins Clear Improvement, and Origins Drink-Up Intensive. I like to use Out of Trouble as a spot treatment overnight because it's great for cleaning up a breakout. Clear Improvement is great for congested pores. Drink-Up Intensive is very hydrating and can be used as a sleeping mask. I've used the Origins masks for years. Borghese Fango Mud is also great for congest pores or as an overnight blemish treatment. For brightening, I like First Aid Beauty's Facial Radiance Overnight Mask.

For exfoliation, I really like Paula's Choice 2% BHA and Dr Denese's Advanced Facial Firming Pads. The pads stung my eyes at first and I set them aside, but about a month later I tried again and was much happier with them. I think they needed to mellow a bit. I use a pad a night and then mix some of the 2% BHA lotion into my Hydroshield serum in the morning. My skin looks more radiant and the pads have diminished my pores. I'm really happy with this combination.

Trusted Contributor

Thx for reminding me about Origins...I used to use many of their products years ago and kinda forgot about them...I'll read up on them.

I ordered a few First Aid beauty products a couple months ago, and got a small Oatmeal mask...but not the overnight one.

I wanted to try a few Belif products and got the Mild and Effective Facial Scrub, and another kit of theirs. I have not tried the facial scrub yet ..just got it in mail today.

It says on box for oily to normal combo skin, so it may be to drying for me. 

I'll give it a try tomm. and see how it does. But I'm still on look for mask, and overnight hydrating mask.

Thx again everyone !!

Honored Contributor

What I've always done, luckily:

* Exfoliate everyday

* Facial mask once a week