Regular Contributor

Re: Can we talk SLEEP? (Hey, it's beauty) Or, should I say Lack of It - Cannot fall asleep!

For those who take Lorazepam, do you seem to stay more relaxed during the day? What a great benefit that would be. I am going through the same thing, so sorry for all your pain.

Honored Contributor

Re: Can we talk SLEEP? (Hey, it's beauty) Or, should I say Lack of It - Cannot fall asleep!

If groggy and out of it are more relaxed, yes. Otherwise, no.
Trusted Contributor

On 8/8/2014 Sandgirl said:
On 8/7/2014 lizzief said: Welcome to my life! I haven't had a full 7 hours of sleep in the last 20 years, I'm 63! Ok, but a "young" 63. Like you, I've tried everything. Sleep studies show that I never reach the deepest level of sleep - duh. I wake up several times a night. The only time I can sleep is when I have to get up to go to work. I feel like a zombie until about 4 in the afternoon, and by 11 PM I'm wired! I really should be a vampire! Whenever a thread opens on this topic, you'll find hundreds of people with the same problem. If you find an answer, let me know!

Have you tried to take anything to lower your cortisol at night? Look up a product called "SLEEP TONIGHT" or any other product that reduces your cortisol levels at night. It sorta sounds like you have high cortisol levels at night and low during the day - we should have low at night and high during the day. I only know this after talking with my endocrinologist.

Just thought I would share that with you. Do some research on high cortisol at night and see if that sounds like you Smiley Happy GOOD LUCK sweets!

Thanks for the tip, Sandgirl, I'll definitely look into it! My best for you as well! Being sleep deprived is no fun!
Trusted Contributor

On 8/9/2014 lizzief said:
On 8/7/2014 lizzief said: Welcome to my life! I haven't had a full 7 hours of sleep in the last 20 years, I'm 63! Ok, but a "young" 63. Like you, I've tried everything. Sleep studies show that I never reach the deepest level of sleep - duh. I wake up several times a night. The only time I can sleep is when I have to get up to go to work. I feel like a zombie until about 4 in the afternoon, and by 11 PM I'm wired! I really should be a vampire! Whenever a thread opens on this topic, you'll find hundreds of people with the same problem. If you find an answer, let me know!

Have you tried to take anything to lower your cortisol at night? Look up a product called "SLEEP TONIGHT" or any other product that reduces your cortisol levels at night. It sorta sounds like you have high cortisol levels at night and low during the day - we should have low at night and high during the day. I only know this after talking with my endocrinologist.

Just thought I would share that with you. Do some research on high cortisol at night and see if that sounds like you Smiley Happy GOOD LUCK sweets!

Thanks for the tip, Sandgirl, I'll definitely look into it! My best for you as well! Being sleep deprived is no fun!
Sandgirl, WOW! Did some reading about cortisol, and you are right, it does sound like me! I knew a little about cortisol, I do carry my weight in my belly, but I never knew that levels fluctuated during the day and night. And of course being a paralegal, I have my share of stress, and anxiety, as most people do. I. Will definitely be looking into this further. Thank you again!
Valued Contributor

On 8/9/2014 raildog said:

For those who take Lorazepam, do you seem to stay more relaxed during the day? What a great benefit that would be. I am going through the same thing, so sorry for all your pain.

Hi rail dog-For me, the Lorazepam works just when I take it, generally for sleep, with no carry over effect the next day.
Frequent Contributor

Hi Sandgirl and all you other sleep deprived ladies! I was just browsing through a family circle and there is a happiness makeover article that says to sleep better,mix a tablespoon of tart cherry juice into Greek yogurt or a smoothie to help you sleep better. I have tried drinking this several years ago because I had heard that but don't remember if it helped or not . Probably not or I would still be doing it!! Just thought I would pass it along,as we all know anything is worth a try! I may try mixing it this way. It seems like I didn't like it much trying to chug a glassful so that's why I didn't give it much of a chanceSmile

Respected Contributor

Do you worry a lot or does your mind race? If your stressed and can't shut your thought off I had it. Terrible insomnia. My dr gave me Amitriptyline and now I sleep well also listening to sleep sounds helps
Respected Contributor

Sandgirl, WOW! Did some reading about cortisol, and you are right, it does sound like me! I knew a little about cortisol, I do carry my weight in my belly, but I never knew that levels fluctuated during the day and night. And of course being a paralegal, I have my share of stress, and anxiety, as most people do. I. Will definitely be looking into this further. Thank you again!

You are welcome,seriously buy some "Sleep Tonight" -you can find it at some health food stores or Amazon, I'm not saying it's an answer to your problem but it MIGHT help "some" which is better than none,or get some Relora - Check it out on Vitacost or Amazon. Let me know if you try it - Try it for more than just 1 day though Smiley Happy GOOD LUCK sweets

Valued Contributor

I was just reading reviews about sea buckthorn oil, new chapter on amazon, and person said it cured her insomnia. It couldn't hurt to try it, it's good for you. It helped my dry eye problem. Thanks to someone here for recommending this! HTH
Honored Contributor

This seems to be a country-wide problem. Most of the people I talk to have trouble falling asleep.

I take medicine to make me fall asleep.